“Impeccable Service and great for families”

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Ranked #41 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We chose to stay at the Marriott because we thought the location would be perfect for a spring break trip with our six year old son. We also liked that it had an indoor pool. This being a chain, primarily convention type hotel, my expectations were low. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the staff was--the doorman Mike especially was very sweet to my son--and how wonderful the facilities were for a family. They recently refurbished the lobby, and I was impressed with the design of that and the restaurant, which had a stellar buffet breakfast with a beautiful and chic presentation. We particularly loved sitting by the window looking out onto the harbour. The pool was a good size and the gym was large and had new equipment. Rooms were a bit chain feeling, yet comfortable and sound proof. My only complaint is the room was on the smaller side and the bathroom was quite tiny. But for the location and the price, it was a dream.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor facing the water. Noise level is less and nice views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NJtravelbug2013
There are newer reviews for Boston Marriott Long Wharf

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel couldn't have been in a better location...for that reason alone I can see why people pay the hefty price. With that said, we flew into Logan Intl Airport and took a ferry over. We didn't use a vehicle during our visit so avoided a $46/night parking fee. The service was fine, nothing spectacular, nothing to complain about. Our view was something to be desired but we only had 2 days and tons to see so no big deal. We got a great military rate so I was ok overlooking a lot of things I wouldn't have at a regular nightly rate. Again though, perfect location for us...we took the trolley (pay station and pick up to 2-3 different trolley companies right outside the hotel) to see all the sights, walking distance to Quincy Market, and went to an event at TD Garden one night. We also enjoyed having a starbucks in the lobby. I would stay again but only at a reduced rate. I'll probably try another Marriott next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kandice292
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Marriott has hit the target with great rooms in perfect condition (and newly renovated) with a friendly desk and housekeeping staff, and even doormen who are super helpful. The location is perfect, walk to the financial district or waterfront attractions. There is a T-Stop under the building, and a short walk to connections - everything I need when I'm in Boston!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view or you'll be looking at the side of a parking deck...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptainSteveG
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wasn't able to spend much time in the hotel as I was out and about. I thought the room had a great view, very clean, bed was beyond comfortable, and the staff was nice. The location is great as you are close to about everything downtown.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The Boston Marriott Long Wharf was OUTSTANDING. The room was spacious and comfy. The beds gave me great sleep. The staff always was helping. The location was convenient to the subway and pier. The breakfast was exceptional. I just cannot say enough about this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nick M
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I started coming here in my 20's with my parents and the place has never disappointed - great location, service, and memories! I have traveled extensively for work as a senior exec and this place is in my top 5.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank NorthAtlantaTourist
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to the Boston Long Wharf Marriott over the past 25 years. It is refreshing to hear that we have remained on the top of your list. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything we can do to make your experience even better in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We are very pleased with this hotel overall. The location was fantastic: right on the harbor, across the street from Faneuil hall, next door to the acquarium, and a short walk to the North End. The staff were all incredibly nice and friendly, especially the concierge, who I highly recommend you visit before booking anything. Our favorite part of our stay was definitely breakfast! They have a fabulous breakfast buffet that we all looked forward to every morning. The pool was the main reason we booked this hotel, and it didn't disappoint. It's not very big, but it didn't matter at all to the kids who asked to go every day. The only downside to this hotel is the size of the rooms - very small in comparison to other hotels. And the bathroom was just as cramped. But in reality, we weren't really in the room enough to be bothered too much by the size.

I highly recommend this hotel and would have given 5 stars if the rooms had been a bit bigger.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank NIckeyNouse
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to thank our Concierge Staff for the service they provided you. I noticed that you had positive comments regarding our breakfast buffet. Ever since we renovated the restaurant, we have seen many great comments such as yours. We made sure to upgrade the dining experience with over 30 different breakfast items on the buffet daily. We hope to see you again in the near future.