“Excellent location!!!”

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Ranked #42 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here as a family while my husband was in Boston for business. The hotel location is great, it is by the water within walking distance to Faneuil Hall, the harbor, and the acquarium. There are a lot of restaurants just outside the hotel which was convenient. The hotel is beautiful on the inside and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing we didn't like was that we could hear the people in the next room, not sure if it was because the walls were too thin or if they were just extra loud. We were able to overlook that because of the hotel's excellent location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,206)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Long Wharf because we have been there in the past and always enjoyed the central location to Fanuel Hall and the North End. Staff were pleasant and professional. Bar was beautiful and room was clean and views were wonderful.
Unfortunately, the fire alarm went off at 2:30 AM the night we stayed and we had to evacuate. Everyone was in their pajamas in the lobby. The building was cleared and everyone returned to their rooms. I was very impressed when I woke up there was a memo from the Manager apologizing and explained the circumstances of the event. Then when we checked out, they took the $46 valet parking off our bill for the "inconvenience": I think that really says something about the quality of the management. Though the event certainly wasn't the Marriott's fault, they really went above and beyond to make the situation right. I would definetly go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JCoplan
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Newer facility with convenient, quiet, location. Close to the airport (2 stops on the T). Walking distance to Faneuil Hall, Liberty Trail, North End (Italian), and 1/2 block to the T (subway system). Hotel staff is very accommodating, nice bar with view, and tasty restaurant. New beds and decor with HDTV in every room. Adequate fitness center, however, I took long walks along the waterfront and stopped in the beautiful North End for a cannoli and an Italian roast coffee.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been there for the fourth time and the location is really amazing. on walking distance to the North end and all the grat attractions of Quincy market environment.
The hotel underwent a renovation and the public spaces are much more enjoyable. Especially the business center is great, you can check and proint everything you want. I always loved the pool area. try to catch a room in the neighourhood of the pool , they are quiet with great views.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I appreciate all of your very kind remarks regarding the hotel facility. I noticed that you commented on our new Business Center. During our renovation, we changed many areas in the lobby to create the space for our new Business Center. Now it has 4 touch screen computers, 2 printers, work area and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the harbor.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The reno completed in January 2012 was done well. I had never stayed here but my husband had many years ago numerous times while on extended business. Our corner room with a harbor view was awesome. Rooms seem to be a bit smaller than the standard Marriott room, but this level Elite included turn down service. Service was superb as usual and breakfast as always, delicious. Nice to see the "older generation as staff/wait" They pay attention to detail. Can't really comment on price as we used points. The biil for parking is typical Boston @ 45.00 day

Room Tip: Corner rooms with Harbor View are lovely. Water taxi whistle blows care charming but could be annoyi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

First of all, there are some good things about this hotel. The location is excellent. The recent renovation is lovely and modern. The staff was friendly and even waived the internet fee for us upon request. However, the design of the building makes floors 1-5 an acoustical nightmare. Every noise in the atrium/lobby/bar below the guest rooms is amplified by a million. It doesn't help that the management insists on playing terrible techno-lounge music throughout the common areas from approximately 7 AM until midnight. All of this noise is funneled right into your guest room and can even be heard over the TV! I don't know how the Mariott could do a renovation without addressing this issue. Floors 6 and 7 are completely sealed off from the atrium, but 7 is the concierge level and I assume floor 6 is similarly reserved for specific guests. In addition to the noise, the bed was the worst I've slept on from a major hotel chain. Also, the Mariott is trying to pass off their de-commissioned old mini-fridges as "silent coolers" for "keeping cold items cold"--HAHA! Yeah, right! I had to load a plastic bag full of ice and put our leftovers on top to keep them cold. One other annoyance is that Mariott puts a $30 charge on your credit card for incidentals that may be used, yet they don't announce this upon check-in. The charge is still pending on my account three days after I checked out, although I was reassured today that I should be credited for a refund soon. All in all, I can't recommend this hotel unless you are able to pay for a room on the special quiet floors and don't mind a crummy bed. I'm only giving three stars because I got an OK deal on Priceline and the internet charge was waived. If I'd had to pay the usual rates, I'd be extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you can guarantee a room on the 6th or 7th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very sorry about the noise issues that you described. Based on your feedback, I will work with my team to identify ways to eliminate background music entering guestrooms near the atrium. As for the type of music, it does change on a regular basis, currently we are playing more light jazz and POP. Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this trip and hope to have the opportunity to provide you a more enjoyable experience in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We really picked this place for location but it was much more than that. It has a beautiful and open inside. It has a great bar/dining area on the main floor. The pool and workout facility is very nice. This place is conveniently located on Wharf with beautiful deck to look into the harbor. It is also very close to Quincy Marketplace, North End (awesome food), next to the T (subway), and the Freedom Trail. The rooms were nice not great but well worth the stay for the location and scenic view.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple