“Great, modern rooms and a convenient location”

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for four nights during July, and it was a great choice for our family. The location is perfect. It’s close to so many attractions, including Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall, the Freedom Trail, the New England Aquarium, the North End, Christopher Columbus Park and the harbor. The Inner Harbor Ferry goes from Long Wharf to Charlestown Navy Yard and makes visiting to the U.S.S. Constitution easy, and the ride over is great. The ferry to Salem also leaves near there. We didn’t have a room with a view, but we enjoyed the view of the harbor from the swimming pool area. It’s also close to several restaurants, including Legal Sea Foods and Joe’s American Grill. Walking around in that area is pleasant, especially in the evening, and you can sit on benches and watch the harbor. Alamo Car Rental is also located about a block away, which made returning our rental car from Maine in very convenient.

Service was mostly good, except for one day when the maids didn’t come until about 5 or 6 pm. Our room was great - very comfortable, modern, clean, and spacious. There is a small refrigerator, coffee maker, large flat screen TV, an ipod dock, and a fairly large safe in the room. It also has a desk with plenty of electrical outlets for recharging all those electronic devices of today and a chair with an ottoman. The bathroom was nice as well. I used the computers at the business center by the lobby to print some information out on several occasions, and I never had to wait for a computer or printer. Despite the fact that this hotel is an atrium type, it wasn’t noisy like some atrium hotels can be. We found it quiet and relaxing.

We didn’t eat breakfast at their restaurant because the price was pretty steep, and they didn’t have any packages available that included breakfast for the time we were there. The lines at the Starbucks there can get very long and be slow. We also went to a Dunkin Donuts around the corner one morning.

I would definitely choose to stay at this hotel again if I return to Boston.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank j'smomTexas

Reviewed September 11, 2012

What a great place to stay while in Boston. You are in the heart of the city with everythig a short walk away. Don't forget to visit Mike's Pastry Shop!!! We will definitely stay here again. The service was professional and prompt, with great rooms. We walked everywhere, and there are tons of great sights and eats close by.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Peter A
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We loved this place. Everyone was very nice and Lisa our housekeeper was the best - thanks Lisa for helping us out. We had an inside room since we got to Boston so early that the outside rooms were not cleaned (It was Labor day weekend). The bar was very nice but as can be in a tourist area - expensive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin G
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Location, location, location. This property is 2 stops away from the airport by the blue line, on the water and in the heart of action. It is surrounded by great restaurants and things to do. The subway being so close makes it easy to get around.

The hotel is all over welcoming and directing you where ever you need to go. The lobby bar is very cool.

The rooms are nice, clean and well done but nothing exciting to write home about. But who cares- there is so many things calling you out of it, you will be very comfortable in it during your stay.

This place makes me happy!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel if you are staying in the downtown Boston area. It is a beautiful hotel and a perfect location. Close to Quincy Market, Little Italy and the Imax theater and the Aquarium. The staff is very friendly, Vicki at the front desk made our stay one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. She went above and beyond as an employee. When i told her we were celebrating my husband's 50th birthday she sent a table of sweets, fruit and champagne (milk for the kids) to our room. She is one of the best employees of a hotel we have ever encountered. She was so good to us i had to surprise her with a little present because she deserved it! The hotel is clean, very stylish and a great spot to enjoy the beautiful view of the harbour. Great job Marriott Long Wharf!

Room Tip: Rooms all have a pretty good view of wharf, some better than others. You could ask for a wharf view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Blingmama77
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Arrived at Marriott late at night and check-in was friendly and efficient. The room is nearly perfect. Clean. Comfortable. Great bed/bedding. Large comfortable work space/desk. Internet/wireless worked without problems. There is a relatively high charge for it though-- $12-$15 range for 24 hrs. Large flat screen tv. A bathroom that is just big enough. Granite countertops that have space to put your toiletries/make-up bag. Good, hot shower. My only wish would be for a bathrobe, but I don't expect it at a Marriott. Room was quiet-- didn't have paper thin walls where you hear your neighbors and every door shut. Had breakfast at 6:30 AM at the hotel restaurant. Was first one there-- hostess was welcoming and friendly, so was waiter, so was omelette station employee. I was shocked. Normally staff are just going through the motions and/or irritated that you showed up. This staff was well trained and hospitable in the best way. I was impressed. There is a pool and fitness center that I didn't use. And a Legal Seafood across the street where I ate one night and it was excellent as usual. I've stayed here before years ago (before I wrote anything on Trip Advisor) and remembered having a good impression, which is why I came back. This was a great stay and I would recommend it and would return myself. You know when a hotel's staff is just abysmal or if they are just going through the motions, but it is clear that this Marriott is very well managed with a friendly helpful staff. Kudos.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times and keep going back because of the location (aquarium, IMAX, boat rides, Quincy Market, North End within walking distance). And I guess I will continue to go back but I've noticed the last couple of times the sleep quality is not good. I guess it's because the hotel is always fully booked and there are very inconsiderate people. I stayed here over the Labor Day weekend and the first night I hear a dog barking in the room next to me and a couple with some noisy, bratty loud kids on the other side of me. We called the front desk and asked if pets were allowed and they said no. Security was sent up and handled the situation (thumbs up!). As far as the noisy brats - why don't parents discipline their children and tell them to be quiet while in a hotel? You parents KNOW who you are. I don't want to hear screaming, banging and running up and down the hallways at 6:00 a.m. Othewise this hotel is awesome. The location, service, restaurants, lobby etc are top notch.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends