“Boston Marriott Long Wharf is THE BEST hotel in town”

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Ranked #41 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I must say I am impressed with the Marriott Long Wharf once again.

It is located right next to an entrance for the train. It is also located right next to the Aquarium and Legal Seafoods and is a short walking distance from other great Boston spots. And, best of all, they offer just about the best service I have experienced this side of the Mississippi! Maybe even the country. Yeah, I am referring to Marriott brands only, since that is my preferred brand. Marriott has been good to me for over six years of business travel.

Yesterday, Mark, one the of the building security employees, was extremely helpful in my trying to locate a phone charger, since I forgot mine at home.

Secondly, I am always impressed with the Long Wharf’s Concierge Lounge, but today I was blown away by the chocolate covered strawberry chocolate cake. It is definitely the BEST cake I have had this fall. I wish my mouth had been bigger, and my clothes were not so tight already. It was simply delicious and I must compliment those who made it. Wow!

Everyone at the Long Wharf “gets” customer service. As critical as I can be sometimes when I rate customer service at hotels, I can tell you that everyone at this hotel is simply stellar. Plain and simple, some other Marriott hotels, like some full-service Marriotts in New York City, can stand to learn from the way they do business at the Long Wharf. It goes to show that you can indeed be a nice hotel even if you are in the mean (east) coast. Really, New York City full-service Marriotts have no excuse. Send the management to the Boston Marriott Long Wharf to learn. Kuddos to the Long Wharf because they are doing it right!

Even the lady delivering little square chocolates at about 4:30 PM was delightful! Also, the housekeeping employee said hi to me with a big smile when she first saw me this morning. I mean, everyone was amazing. Some might take it from granted, but I try hard not to. I am very impressed.

The Long Wharf Marriott in Boston will be my preferred hotel every time I come to Boston, period!

Room Tip: Ask for a great view. Pay extra for the "concierge lounge" level rooms so that you can exp...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Bechego
There are newer reviews for Boston Marriott Long Wharf

Reviewed October 25, 2011

This was my third visit to this Marriott and it was even more enjoyable than the prior two. Our room was ready for an early arrival, including a cot in the room and we had an excellent view of the harbor and North End of Boston. We were also afforded a late check-out. All accommodations were great and the updates to the hotel since our last visit were most pleasing. We enjoyed the pool and spa as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room when facing the aquarium side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bal1013
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Room was decent, with a great view of the park and harbor. Room was clean, quiet and roomy. Internet connection was fine, tv big. Conference rooms were really good, big but comfortable. The aquarium was close, enjoyed the tour. Close to the airport. Gym was adequate, with new equipment. Staff were fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed at the Marriott Boston Long Wharf on the way to visit family for 2 days/1 night at the end of September. They have a bit of construction at the front entrance but other than that, it's a lovely hotel. The lobby, hallways and rooms are very nice and clean with pleasing decor. It has a light contemporary feel to the place with a degree of classiness. We had a partial view of the wharf which was great. Staff we interacted with were very polite and friendly; from the maid to the front desk to the concierge. (He had fabulous recommendations for eating establishments and we followed them all to our satisfaction.) This location is close to EVERYTHING first time travelers to Boston would like to visit. And Starbucks is in the first floor lobby (if this is important to you...and it is to me!) We will stay here again when we travel to Boston. Can't wait to visit Boston again!

Room Tip: Ask for a wharf view....high enough to see all of the wharf.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have been to this location before children a number of times. However, did not realize how unsafe the inner balcony design was until my 22 months old son tried to climb. We almost lost him, I just turned around for 2 seconds to open the hotel door when I saw him half way up on the balcony. There is no safety measure built under, so it's a straight drop to a few floor down. It was a scary experience. Tried to write and talk to someone in the hotel regarding this matter but no one seemed to notice or care. Also, there were a lot of drunken people being very loud outside the corridor in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank coleus1
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Excellent location and even better staff. But we do have to say, lack luster beds (not up to normal Marriott standards we have come to expect) and beefy priced. We did take advantage of accumulated points and promotions - but were less then impressed w/ property appointments. We were warned of "under construction" status - but our concerns were outside of construction. upon our next visit to Boston, we will consider alternative location for our stay.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This hotel is perfect for a visit to Boston, close to so much. There is a lovely park next to the hotel and you can take a water taxi from the airport for only $10 - it drops you off at Long Wharf. My only complaints about this hotel is that the bathrooms are incredibly small. The first room they put us in was in the open hallway near the elevator and it was terribly loud all night long. They were kind enough to upgrade us to a better and more quiet room. I would ask for a room away from the open atrium area. The concierge could use some guidance - they gave only a small amount of information rather than filling in some of the details most tourists would need.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the open atrium area, it gets quite noisy there.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple