“I'm Marriott Platinum - This is the Worst Marriott I've Ever Stayed In”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
NY
“I'm Marriott Platinum - This is the Worst Marriott I've Ever Stayed In”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Stayed here for a recent conference. The hotel is busier than Grand Central Station, and the service is horrible. Waited 20 minutes to checkin. Room service arrived cold and order was incorrect. Screwed up my receipt. Forgot toothpaste and called for two hours to have them deliver it - the giftshop was out and they told me to walk across the street the the supermarket.

I travel on business every week and have never written a review on a business trip - but this place was bad. I stay in Marriotts almost exclusively so I know what to expect - this one missed the mark by a long shot.

2 Thank JMB12065

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Gran Canaria, Spain
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Nothing really criticizable in this hotel, just nothing really significant. Absolutelly impersonal in every single detail. Once in the room you could basically be elsewhere in the world. Since the lobby is connected to the shoping arcade it is even more impersonal. Prices are high and do not include free wireless.

I was at a congress and the food at the congress was ABSOLUTELLY SUPERB.

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Loved it. Comfortable, Convienent, Clean. All you need while in Boston.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Being my first trip to Boston, I was very nervous about choosing this hotel because it was not decidedly positioned in the very heart of the tourist area. As a matter of fact, I am completely glad I choose the Marriott, both, because of its location (which proved to be ideal and more upscale than I expected,) as well as, its appealing appointments and amenities. We enjoyed not having the heavy foot traffice out front, while being only a few minutes from the major attractions and EXTREMELY easy and efficient train system. I would definately stay at this hotel again for several reasons. One, I love having the Galleria mall attached. Its a great, free distraction; and I loved have a full service grocery right across the street (I must have my water, etc for the room without paying high hotel premiums for it.) Finally, this is the tallest building in the area so its very easy to find after dark and the views could not be beat!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Patrick F
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 10, 2009

I took my girlfriends to Marriott Copley Thursday night for my best friends birthday to surprise her... and I was the one who wound up surprised! I work in hospitality in the area and was amazed with our stay here. Paula at the front desk was exceptionally friendly and welcoming. After telling her it was a birthday stay, she put us on the 36th floor in a corner room with a view of everything!!! The beds were like sleeping on clouds and it was awesome to watch the planes take off from bed in the morning! Bellmen/valets could be a bit friendlier though- since I wasn't valet parking with them because I have a garage pass for the area, they weren't too interested in helping us out. Sad.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank JL7869
Indianapolis
Reviewed October 9, 2009

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights while attending a conference. The price was quite high ($249 conference rate) for the value of room. I had stayed at a Hilton Hotel two weeks ago in a small city and the quality, comfort and size of the room was far better than this room at one half of the price.

Ire
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Stayed for Labor Day weekend with 2 teenage kids. Booked as part of an American Airlines Vacation Package, with the incremental room cost around $120 a night.
Quick check-in and was upgraded to Concierge Floor when I flashed my Marriott Gold card, as well as offered $20 in Starbucks vouchers.

Room was a good size across from the Concierge Lounge which we used on the Sunday Night and again for breakfast on Monday.

Even with the large size of teh hotel, never had to wait for the lifts and found all the staff very helpful.

Would stay here again