“Fantastic location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed December 22, 2008

Without a doubt, the hotel is well situated. Adjoining a mall and with the metro and AMTRAK right across the street, it is easy to get to your destination. In summer, it's a lovely 30 minute walk through the park to the historic area.

I have stayed here several times this year and must say the hotel has been consistant. Sadly though, it's nothing special. On the positive side, the rooms are well appointed. Very Marriott. On the (slightly) negative side, I don't find the staff very welcoming. While they are not rude, I don't find that they go out of their way to impress you, either. Luckily my interactions with them are minimal now.

Would I stay there if I was visiting Boston on vacation rather than business? Yes. But then again, II wouldn't be spending my entire vacation in the room!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of personality of staff
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank ionlyflyfirst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
NY
Reviewed November 20, 2008

I booked this hotel using Priceline. I came to Boston with my son ,who was trying out for a game show. Most of my comments on this hotel are positive. The location is very good, and it is connected to a mall for those interested in shopping. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby for a quick breakfast. The staff was very professional. There is a small pool and excersice room. My only complaint lies in the noise level. At 1:00 a.m., I was awaken by loud, obnoxious intoxicated people in the hall outside my room. The walls are way too thin. The hotel seems to cater to a business crowd, and I would not recommend it for a family vacation.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
mt. pleasant, sc
Reviewed November 5, 2008

My family stayed here for 4 nights starting 10/31. WE booked the hotel as part of a package on Priceline, because we were coming for a college football game and this was the "headquarters" picked for Tiger fans.

Anyway, the location was fabulous...almost couldn't be better. We were so close to the T, so we could get anywhere we wanted. The lobby was really pretty and seemed well-kept-up.

Our corner room on the 31 floor had spectacular city views. The room was pretty clean. I did note a hair on the shower wall that didn't belong to us, but otherwise, I had no complaints about cleanliness.

There were only two things that kept me from giving this hotel a higher rating: 1 - minimal space for clothing (there were 4 of us in this room, with only 3 small drawers) and 2 - (and this was the biggie) the beds and pillows were horribly uncomfortable. The mattresses were really squashy. Not so much lumpy - just really soft. The first night I hardly slept at all. The pillows are similarly squashy...and small...I could ball it up and fit it under my neck. Fortunately, after spending our days walking miles around the city, we were all exhausted enough to sleep even though the beds were uncomfortable.

Over all, though, I'd stay here again. Maybe by next time, they'll update the mattresses.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Squashy mattresses
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Washington
Reviewed October 31, 2008

This Marriott is typical of other large Marriott hotels that cater to large conventions and leisure travelers. If you are traveling for these purposes, the hotel is a good choice. It is similar to the Marriott Biscayne Bay in Miami and the Marriott San Diego Marina. For the business traveler, however, the location is good, but there are some downsides: The rooms are very outdated and in need of an update. They have flat screens, but no digital cable or HD. Gold/Platinum Elite members are not treated very well. For example, I was put in an abysmal room that was small, low floor, no view, and substandard. When I complained, I got attitude from the front desk and had to persist to get a decent room. Concierge level is not any better than any other floor. In general, the "standard" rooms are very small.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed October 25, 2008

Our stay here was totally unexpected. We were in Boston for something else and having a great time window shopping in all the designer stores and while having a drink in the hotel bar (a great place with a huge drinks menu and great food) when we decided we didn't want to go home. I asked about the rate and was told $329. When I asked if they could do any better, I was immediately given a rate of $249. Our room was on the 25th floor and was a corner room. We had amazing city views and two entire walls were windows. My only issue with this hotel was with the tv of all things. The cabinet holding it was in front of one of the windows and because of this I guess, it was not very tall. This made the tv at a weird low angle. Even though it was a flat screen, the picture was not very good. And surprisingly, there is no free tv. Everything is pay per view, and then not many choices. I thought this was odd since I can't remember staying hotel that didn't offer free tv channels. The bathroom was small, but it was very clean and since it was only one night it was fine. Our bed was a king size and was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The pillows were great and normally I can't sleep on hotel pillows.

The location to everything cannot be beat at this hotel. I will need to be in Boston again just before Christmas and am already planning another stay at this hotel to do a little shopping and check out the shops all decked out for the holidays!

• Liked — LOCATION!!
  • Disliked — no free tv channels
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Moriah
Reviewed October 22, 2008

My dad (in his 80s), myself and my 12 year old son found this to be the perfect hotel for our historic tour of Boston. The old town trolley stops at the hotel. I really didn't want to drive around Boston.

• Liked — Location and trolley service.
  • Disliked — Price...but hey it's Boston.
  • Stayed August 2008
Marlboro, NJ
Reviewed October 17, 2008

This was my third and last stay at The Marriot Copley. the first two stays were not great but I loved the location so gave it another chance. since we are in Boston almost monthly for business.
We checked into a corner room on a high floor. The room was not clean- The bathroom had hair in it that was not ours, a toilet that was not flushed, and no towels. In addition there were several finger or toenail clippings on the carpet beside the bed- which led me to beileve the room was not vacummed. We called down to complain and after about an hour someone called back and offered cothe okies and milk to my children to make up for the mess- Obviously not what we needed at that point. Then at 4 am the service elevator which is located behind the room opened and closed almost non stop for about an hour- When we called the front desk the manager on duty dismissed our complaint and stated this is a busy hotel.
The next day we were finally given a new room. Moments after leaving the old room I realized I left expensive new boots in the room. It took at least an hour to get someone to open the door of the old room wich had by this time been "cleaned" and occupied. Ofcourse the boots were gone! After speaking to several manager I was told they can not be found.
Aside from the above the matresses are old and sag in the center, the furniture is old and chipped and bathroom has plenty of mildew!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business