“Great Hotel”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The hotel was very nice and very convenient. The people were wonderful. The elevators however were extremely slow. Many times, we waived more than 10 minutes to get an elevator up or down to.from the 22nd floor.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We come to Boston often, and till we bought our condo at Beacon Hill, we stayed at many different hotels around Boston Common. We have found Marriott consistently deliver the best value in room quality, services. I came to close the sales of our place I booked a room at the hotel with a flight hotel combination. When the front desk staff found out we were platinum members in the rewards program, he upgraded us to the concierge floor even though he did not have too as we bought our room through a third party. The corner king room is great, service and hotel location are both excellent. No wonder when we travel the world we try to stay at Marriott as often as possible!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your kind remarks following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you were recognized as one of our valued Rewards members and that you enjoyed the corner king room.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you choose our hotel again during your next visit to the Boston area.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our family stayed here mid March 2104.

As an intown hotel, I was afraid the rooms would be tiny but they are a fine size, with good amenities. Bustling lobby and great location in the heart of the city created a fun,energetic atmosphere.

We enjoyed the excellent access to the shops and restaurants in the Prudential Center each evening. We were tired from full days of college visits so appreciated not having to go outside or wander far for very good family dining.

We encountered no problems with the elevators, eventhough because of upgrades they had one elevator out of service. We were on a high floor but never waitied more than 3-4 minutes.

We encountered service staff a few times in the hall and they were very cheerful and helpful.

We enjoyed the busy sports bar in the hotel lobby to catch a few NCAA games one evening and appreciated the very busy but manageable Starbucks in the lobby.

Excellent location for the T, lots of cab help from the bellman, and directions and advice from the concierge. Will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank addie37
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We are platinum elite, and had to wait 2 hours for our room to be ready, even though we had requested early check in. The room was supposed to be an upgraded room because of the view, but was very small, with a small bathroom that had a pocket door. Not what you would expect from the Marriott. . The toilet broke the 2nd day, and although they fixed it right away, it was an inconvience. The next day the carpet was wet and I believe there was some type of problem with our room, because the engineer was closing it off to perform some type of service, which we never did find out what it was.. Two out of the four elevators were being serviced, so it was very slow getting anywhere from the 30th floor. Also, wee could hear the elevators all night long, since we were near the elevator maintenance room. The front desk gave us extra points for the problems and dissatisfaction, but would have rather had a nicer room. The concierge lounge was great, and the personnel was very helpful. We have been in Marriotts all over the world, and this was not up to par with the others.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevators, and when you go into a room that you are not happy with, call the fron...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your last stay with us.

Even tough every possible effort is made to assist our guests in receiving early check ins, they are based on whomever checks in first. Being a convention hotel, it is possible that when you arrived large numbers of guests had already checked in and were waiting ahead of you. I am sorry that this was an inconvenience.

I have shared your comments with my staff and steps are being taken to correct the matters you listed.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've stayed in this hotel years ago and it was perfectly fine due to its proximity to everything fabulous in Boston. This time, I came on a business trip and was checking it out due to a large conference we have coming up later this year that will require a large room block. I think this place thinks they are better than they are simply due to location. Yes, they are within walking distance to many restaurants, bars, etc but the service is lackluster, at best.

I had several issues with my room including a sound that would not go away in the bathroom (which kept me up at night) and my heater not working (in the middle of February in Boston, mind you). I stayed 3 nights and each day would complain before I left for work and never any follow up. Then after I would follow up in the evenings only to find the manager had done NOTHING about my room. The least they could have done was follow up and let me know what the engineer said...if the engineer said it could not be fixed, immediately MOVE me to another room! This is basic and common courtesy.

Also, there a million elevators and all slow...you will literally be late to your meeting just waiting on these to arrive!

Needless to say, there are plenty of great hotels in the Boston area and my block of 100+ rooms will go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. The sheer lack of customer service will give you an unpleasa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pm615
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Greetings,

Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry that you feel that your stay was unsatisfactory due to service failures. This is not normal and I understand your disappointment.

I am at the same time pleased that you feel that our hotel is at a great location, albeit disappointed that the issues you brought up during your stay were not corrected.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel is conveniently attached to the Hynes Convention Center where I was attending a meeting. It is also attached to a shopping complex with lots of restaurants. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The gym is also nice, but gets crowded. The only real problem is that the elevators are very very slow. I was staying on the 28th floor and had to use the stairs most of the time.

Room Tip: Low floors may be noisy as there are lots of people moving through the hotel at all times.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding this past weekend, well it was in the Westin and there is a sky bridge that is connected between the Westin and Marriot, please note that this bridge closes at 1am. I wasn't informed in advance, instead I had to find out while wearing a gown and heels with no jacket leaving a wedding in the Westin at 1:30am. I then placed a compliant with the hotel , and not one manager contacted me. it is nearly 48 hours and I also emailed the main manager, because I had to call the hotel as again not one person has contacted me. Besides the bed's being super comfy and love the sports bar, I would rather pay the extra money and stay at the Westin! We were there under a wedding hotel block, although they don't have control over when the bridge calls...the main desk when we checked in could have let us know, rather trying to sell us on the fact it is so easy with the sky bridge when initially booking

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 852LOLA
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for staying with us.

I am sorry that you feel that you had a negative experience because the gates in the mall are closed nightly at 0200 hrs and you were not aware of it. I am at the same time pleased that you enjoyed our fantastic beds.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss your stay with us.