Boston Marriott Copley Place
Copley House(Boston)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
3,426 results
All reviewscopley placechampions bargreat locationgrocery store across the streetthe concierge loungeprudential centerbusy hotellarge hotelcharles rivernewbury streethigh floorcorner roomduck tourgreat shoppingback bay stationbig cityattending a conference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I concurr with other disappointed reviewers.

The Good- great location - convenient to all tourist sites etc. but there is a good cluster of hotels in this location so I'd try something else next time. The pool is decent size with a lot of nice natural light.

The Bad-

Rooms... are very small- we felt claustraphobic with our family of four in one of these rooms for 3 days. We needed a roll-away bed and could barely fit it in.

The beds were really bad too- it seemed like they took old, mushy mattresses and added some kind of "pillow top" to them. But they're still using standard size sheets which did not stay on the bed- had to redo the bedding twice during the night.

The hot tub was cool- same temperature as the swimming pool. The hotel was very busy and the pool could have used some tidying up late in the day but the pool attendents never left the check in desk- absorbed in lively conversation among themselves.

The concierge- seemed truly annoyed that we "bothered" her. She waved her hand in a general direction to tell us where to buy tickets for the duck boat tours- as if we should already know this information. On other occassions during our stay concierge service was generally apathetic.

We paid top dollar for this hotel during the summer season. It was a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank HWlovesmaui
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Lovely interior/reception and facade generally
Great Room. Requested a nice view for my husbands birthday surprise and we were overlooking the river on the 27th floor.
Staff were attentive and we had no occasion to criticise – which was refreshing and a credit to the hotel.
Breakfast was lovely (19bucks each, I think). Lots of choice and VERY fresh. LOADS of fruit too.
Location is ideal.
Duck Boats start right outside.
Trolley bus stops nearby,
T station across the road.
Supermarket right outside.
Walkway into the Prudential Centre.
We walked to loads of places ie., Newbury St, the River, Fenway Park, Boston Common, theatre district.
If renting a car, use the pick up office at the hotel. This enabled us to have 2 days car free (without parking charges) and just to collect our car on check out.
If you are using their car park – OUCH! But to be fair where is there a major city with cheap parking?
Just TWO negatives
1. the pool wasn’t all that warm, but facilties in changing rooms was VERY high standard, including hair spray!
2. the elevators are ‘painfully’ slow for those staying on the top floors. Twice we waited for over 10 minutes – not kidding!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Great location in the heart of town. Destinations to the east (Faneul Hall) and West (Fenway) are a 15-20 minute walk.

Staff was excellent... all very polite and the concierge's were very good about giving out directions.

The rooms are a little smallish, and the beds are very uncomfortable.
But everything was clean.

I can't complain, since I got the room thru Priceline for $115 a nite! I would have been disappointed however, if I had paid regular rates.

The hotel is attached via walkways to a couple of malls as well as the Prudential center. There is also a very large supermarket across the street, so you can save some $$$$ on food and drink rather easily.

Parking is very expensive ($34 per day), but that's life in the big city!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I agree with most of what's been said here, this is not as nice as many of the big-city Marriotts we've stayed in. Ugly lobby, one lone check-in person moving at a snail's pace (it was 9:30 pm), no one to greet us or help with bags, dirty elevator, scratched front doors, etc., etc. It does not feel like a luxury hotel, by any means. We have also stayed at the Westin at the other end of the Copley Place Mall, and it's much nicer (and usually more expensive). But for the right price, it certainly fits the bill if you're not looking for a particularly special experience.

Pros: extremely convenient location, central to businesses, adjacent to the Copley Place mall, which has the usual assortment of high-end stores. Good grocery store, Shaw's, directly across the street for odds and ends, and a decent wine selection. Our room, 2923 @ $249/night, was on a corner on the concierge floor (free food) and had large panoramic windows with a great city view - we watched a thunderstorm. Large room, plenty of storage. Helpful concierge, car rental right in the lobby. I also appreciated a 3 pm checkout, and the hotel was completely full; prompt bell service, brought fridge to room quickly for no charge. Mostly responsive staff.

Cons: basic motel-like bathroom, shower/tub combo not very elegant, tired decor, extra charge for internet. My biggest complaint is the deferred maintenance and outdated look of the place.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I was hoping that I would be able to enjoy my time at the Marriott however, after we attended our Women of Faith conference at the Garden we were looking forward to getting some rest after our long day and knowing that we had a long day on Saturday. When we came back to the hotel my sister got into her bed only to find a WOMEN'S THONG in her bed. We were both disgusted and then I climbed into my bed approaching cautiously after her discovery only to find what looked to be HAIR in my bed. At 1 AM we just need to get to sleep because we needed to get to our conference early in the morning. It was the most disgusting feeling knowing that the basic clean sheets are not being changed at an upscale hotel. I went down to the desk the next day and informed them of the problems and they assured me that they would have someone change the sheets. No one gave us any discount on this room

When we went back to our room where we found dirty laundry remaining.

I am appauled because we paid a lot of money for the "comfort" of a smoke free hotel and a feather free room. Only to find these things in our sheets. We were not comfortable at all.

I will not stay at this hotel again. I will give my business to a hotel that cares.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends