Boston Marriott Copley Place
Copley House(Boston)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
3,424 results
All reviewscopley placechampions bargreat locationgrocery store across the streetthe concierge loungeprudential centerbusy hotellarge hotelcharles rivernewbury streethigh floorcorner roomduck tourgreat shoppingback bay stationbig cityattending a conference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We recently stayed at the Marriott Copley. Wow...we were so impressed. The light fixture in the lobby is amazing! The location is especially convenient to most areas of importance in the city...and transportation is easy to find. You can enter the large mall directly from the secone floor...you won't get caught in the rain! Our room was very, very nice, and the view from the 20th floor was great! The restaurant and bar had great food. We enjoyed all of the meals we had there. Business people who travel to Boston often would find this a great place to stay. We were on vacation but I noticed a lot of "professional people" who were attending conventions or traveling on business. There is free wireless, and we were pleased that we were able to print out return trip boarding pass right there at the hotel. Great place...and the Sox won!!!

Room Tip: The higher floor would have a better view than those down below...however, there is usually a little wait-time to get an elevator...but the view is worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

The Boston Marriott Copley Place was exactly what I expected it to be: a big, modern convention-center hotel in a great location, with service and amenities that met all my needs. I stayed for one night in November for a leisure trip, and I got a fantastic rate with Marriott's best-rate guarantee.

I hoped for an early check-in, and I got a room with no problem when I arrived at noon. I had a corner room with two double beds facing a wall of windows on the ninth floor. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and I slept great. The room also had an armchair and a desk with a desk chair. A cabinet held drawers and a flat-screen TV, which was situated a bit too low for watching from bed. The furnishings were modern, and the room was clean. Electrical outlets were available on top of the desk and the nightstand, making charging convenient, but there was no safe in the room.The bathroom was a bit small, but fine, and the vanity was a decent size. The bath was a shower/tub combo with a curved curtain rod.

I had good service with no waiting at the front desk, the bell stand, and the bar. In addition to the bar, the hotel has a restaurant, a Starbucks, lounge areas, a fitness center, and an indoor pool. The hotel is connected to two malls (Copley Place and the Prudential Center shops). Plenty of restaurants, both local establishments and national chains, are nearby. The location is also convenient to the Back Bay train station and the orange and green lines of the T.

This property is unmistakably a big, national chain hotel. It looked and felt like it could be any Marriott in any big city, so this might not be the best hotel for travelers looking for unique local charm. But the upsides of a chain are familiarity, predictability, and consistency. The Boston Marriott Copley Place met the standards I expect of a Marriott and represented the brand well. I found it to be a safe and comfortable hotel choice.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The rooms were fine, typical Marriott accomodations. The service I received was very good. The location cannot be beat. You're right in the middle of the city within walking distance to enough restaurants, bars, shopping, and site seeing to keep you occupied for weeks. I'd definitely return here on a trip back.

The sports bar in the hotel is tremendous. You usually want to go out of the hotel but if you're wanting to watch a game or grab a drink before bed it is a great spot.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference that was at the adjacent Hynes Convention Center. The rooms are very nice and the staff was very friendly. I had a great view of "back bay" Boston from my room. The beds and pillows were too soft for my taste, they need to replace both. The elevators in this hotel have always been a problem as they are very slow and this is a high-rise hotel. However, there was a sign saying they were going to be upgrading the elevators to fix this issue. About time as these elevators have been a problem for years. Nice concierge lounge with a good selection for breakfast and evening snacks.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have a great view, but you will face elevator issues.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Busy hotel connected to a good shopping mall and in a good location for touring Boston. We had a wonderful view from the 21st floor, with lovely views to the west. The bar area was busy with convention attendees but still fun with prompt service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple