“Wonderful Time and Location”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #51 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful Time and Location”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at Boston Marriott Copley Place to attend a wedding. The rehearsal dinner was at Marriott and it was wonderful. The food and service was great. We attended the brunch on Sunday and it was wonderful also. There were great choices for breakfast.

Our room was way up on the 25th floor with an amazing view of the water and the Copley Square area. We could actually see the sailboats on the water. The only problem we had was waiting for the elevator a couple of times. There are six elevators but it seemed that not all were running or for some reason people were waiting long periods of time because the elevator would stop at every floor. There just wasn't enough room for everyone. There was a sign that the hotel was working on this problem. It wasn't the speed of the elevator it was not seeing them all working. Just the case, I liked staying at Marriot and would probably stay again if I hit a deal.

Room Tip: The view was pretty nice in room 2538 and that wing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

First hotel on our USA holiday and what a great hotel to start with. Warm efficient welcome and bedrooms with fantastic views over the city. Large, clean with very comfy beds. We did not have the breakfast but plenty of nearby shops and food mall. Car parking is pricey.

Room Tip: View of the river
Norwalk
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've stayed at the Copley Marriott now on 3 different occasions. It's still good but not as good as pervious stays. The room service was wonderful mostly and quick as usual. I have to say sometimes it was better then other times but you really can't control that, cooks change. The first night I didn't sleep at all because I itched. I'm pretty sure it was do to dusty sheets on the bed. I'm really allergic to dust. So the next day was exhausting due to lack of sleep. I took all the bedding off the bed and put it on the floor so housekeeping would put new fresh crisp bedding on. They did and I slept better. I slept with my head at the foot end of the bed because the headboard was suede. I know that would hold dust well so I figure I better get away from it. I noticed when I arrived there wasn't a safe in the room. I called the front desk and within a 1/2 hour a new safe was being installed in my room. There was a small refrigerator which is awesome because there is a Shaws supermarket right across the street, very convenient. There is also a California Pizza Kitchen very close by that has wonderful Italian food you can call in and pick up. I'd stay again I guess I'd just request fresh bedding when I make the reservation to make sure I don't have any bad nights. Stress the fact I'm very allergic to dust. Everything in the room was clean and housekeeping did a good job I just guess there was no one in the room a couple of days and dust settled on the bedding. I don't know what was making me itch. It was a feather free room and floor I was on.

Room Tip: If you say you're allegic to feathers while making your reservation that's all they'll h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Iowa
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A quick one night visit but found this location to be very convenient for public transportation. Service was prompt and courteous. Good quality room with a super view of the Charles River - (highly recommended!).

Had the breakfast buffet at Champions Sports Bar on the second floor. Pricey but good quality.

My only regret is that Marriott does not keep their concierge lounge open for weekend guests. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this property for either business or personal travel.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the Charles River
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed for 10 days due to my daughter move to an apt in Boston for College. Since our arrival late night the staff was very courteous and helpful. Since we were very tired and end of day we had to eat three times at Champions, the Sport Bar at the Lobby. We were pleasantly about the quality of the food. From the traditional Chicken Wings, Onion Soup, Salmon Salad, Tuna Nachos, Chicken Quesadillas, etc. All food was great and service was great even when bar was completely packed.

The hotel has a great location and the service in all different areas was great, from the Valet service to bell captain, etc, all wonderful people. Would highly recommend the hotel.

Menlo Park, California
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I love staying downtown in Boston, and I've always had a comfortable stay at the Marriott Copley Place/ It's expensive -- most hotels in the central city are -- but in a great location, and it's very comfortable and quiet. On my most recent stay I had a 29th floor room with a view of Logan Airport, the Charles River, and MIT's campus across the Charles.

I didn't dine at the hotel restaurant this time. But being connected via enclosed walkway to the Prudential Center, one can easily walk to many excellent nearby restaurants such as Legal Seafood. There's also a Shaw's Market supermarket right across the street, which is quite handy. My room had a small fridge which was great for fruit for dessert and to handle leftover.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am not loyal to any particular hotel brand, but I have stayed at Marriott in the past. Marriott Copley is situated in a great location in the Back Bay neighborhood. Those of you like myself who utilize the public transportation system, this place is gold. It's about a five minute walk to Copley Place on the Green line and Back Bay on the Orange line. I can walk through Copley Place to reach the Orange line It's about 1 block from Boylston and 2 blocks from Newbury Street. It's directly across the street from Shaw's, a grocery store and the duck rides. The second floor has a Starbuck's and Champion's Bar. All in all, I absolutely loved the location.

I was pleased with the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. From the second we entered, I knew we would receive good service. Now onto the major issue, I was expecting very slow service from the elevators as I read several reviews prior to making my reservation. After I checked in, I noticed a large sign in front of the elevators that indicated they are making operational changes to increase the speed. There are only 3 elevators dedicated to floors 1-5 and 25-38. There are 6 elevators that are dedicated to floors 1-25 (approximation). I stayed above floor 30 and I believe that I had to wait max about 5 minutes.

Dollar rental Company is located on the first floor so it made it very easy to pick up and drop off my car. I did not know that Boston Roads were so confusing so I am glad I did not utilize precious time getting lost while picking up/dropping off the car.

If I return to Boston, I would like to stay in this hotel again as this was a convenient location and I was pleased by their politeness.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views but also comes with longer elevator waits.