“great location in boston”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here on business for two nights. It is a centrally located in Boston's Back Bay. It is a very large and very busy hotel. The property is located in between two malls which connect via walkways. Many shops and resturants within walking distance. Rooms were typical Marriott layout but nicely appointed. My only compaint was finding pieces of a granola bar under the desk upon arrival and a piece of gum stuck to the floor. Lastly, they have a great workout facility with ample machines and weights.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,383)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Returned here after a long absence for 4th July celebrations . The hotel is huge but still has a welcoming feel about it . I had great views over Boston from my room .there are so many places to eat ,drink and shop within a five minute stroll . The room was very comfortable and the furnishings looked fresh and well cared for . There was also a fridge and coffee making facilities.
A very pleasant place to stay indeed

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here when I couldn't get a room at the Sheraton for a conference I was attending and I couldn't have been happier. It was a huge conference and had 2 overflow hotels that it discounted the rates on and I am kind of glad I did't get the Sheraton as it was packed with people at this conference. I was able to walk through the Shops at the Prudential Center and then the over-the-street walkway to get to the Marriott which was great! No going outside in the heat! The rooms were beautiful and had a great view of the city. Had a large screen TV and refrigerator in the room which was nice. The bed was super comfortable! I only ate breakfast in the Champions restaurant but it was very good and the service was good. The prices were a little high for breakfast. Unfortunately I did not have time to go to the pool or fitness center. When I arrived the day I was checking in it was only 8:30 am but I was able to get in my room then which was great! I also thought the person I spoke to at the concierge desk was helpful and knowledgeable. The only complaint I have is having to pay to park at the hotel but that is common in all big city hotels. The location was great with many great stores and restaurants in walking distance and the train station very close. I would defintely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here with the family for a few days visit and couldn't have been happier with our choice. One of only hotels in Boston that allows 5 people in a room, we didn't have any issues with space (2 dbl beds and a pack and play) in a regular size room.

The location of the hotel is what makes it so great. Attached to the Copley Place mall, you can walk through the mall to get to the Back Bay station. It is also a very short walk to several other "T" stops (Prudential Center and Boylston). There are many places to eat and shop within a couple of blocks and you can easily walk to the Public Gardens and Boston Commons to start the Freedom Trail.

The hotel also has a pool, which was nice to wind down and take a dip after hot days visiting the various sites in Boston. The fitness center wasn't that bad either to get a good work out in.

We had a room on the Concierge Level so we had access to the Concierge Lounge. This was good as we were able to eat breakfast for free in there and grab some complimentary bottles of water and pop before heading out. Since the Lounge wasn't open weekend mornings, we just walked across the street to Shaw's grocery store to grab some bottled water.

The staff was very friendly and very helpful.

The only complaint is since we stayed on the 28th floor, there are only 4 elevators that service floors 27 and up so the elevators were very slow. There are 8 elevators that service 1-27 so I don't think the wait would be as long since there are more elevators available.

The next time we're in Boston, the Marriott will definitely be our first choice.

Room Tip: Stock up on water and snacks @ Shaw's Market across the street before heading out for your activ...
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We recently stayed for 5 days at the lovely Marriott Copley Place. The view from our rooms on the 34 floor were spectacular. The rooms were very comfortable and clean as expected. Beds and linens were great! The bathrooms are on the small side but ok. The executive lounge has a beautiful view of Boston, the cheeses, crudités, appetizers and desserts were A+. We ate at Champions in the hotel, it was good and prices were decent. Wonderful place to stay in Boston, walking distance to everything and great shopping center right next door!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We always take our grandchildren on a vacation to a patriotic location during the first week in July. We chose this hotel originally because it would allow us to bring three children into our room while many hotels only allow two. Also, we wanted a nice pool for the children to use after a day of sightseeing. This hotel was fabulous. We had a room on the concierge floor which had a great view and included access to a lounge and free breakfast. We also had a refrigerator in the room. The beds were amazing. Our grandchildren already told us to forget computers and electronics this year for birthdays and holidays. They want beds like the ones we had in the Marriott. For kids to say that, trust me the beds were truly luxurious. They also loved the fact that the hotel connected to a great mall and we were across the street from a huge 24 hour grocery. The hotel is centrally located and the rooms were kept very clean. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Boston. My eight year old grandson summed it up best when he said "awesome hotel."

1  Thank Arthur S
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I use Marriott all the time and have been treated very well, so this experience came as a surprise. About two weeks prior to my stay, I received an odd email saying I had booked a prepaid room and the hotel couldn't process my credit card. It instructed me to fax my credit card information. Being suspicious, I called the hotel and in fact I was told to fax them my card number - Giving them the number over the phone was not acceptable. I still dont understand why not. I faxed them the number but two days before my stay, I received another email. This one stated my reservation had been cancelled because they didn't have my credit card information. Four or five emails later, I was told everything was all set and in fact, I was offered and accepted a free upgrade to a waterview room. Unfortunately, this promise was apparently not shared with the front desk and I had to ask to have the room I was offered. This involved speaking with a rude clerk who acted as if I was bothering her and kept repeating mantra style that waterview rooms cost more. I explained this story repeatedly until she finally understood and moved my room. Upon arriving home,i emailed the person who had offered the upgrade asking what went wrong. To date I have not had a reply

1  Thank michaelt52