WINNER WONDERLAND

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #50 of 82 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Great positon and great facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and wish we could have stayed longer... The room was spacious, clean and the beds so comfortable (no wonder they sell them from a catalogue!)

For a big hotel, the service was great, the health spa and pool were great and not too busy. a great way to relax after a day of shopping in the two great malls attached to the hotel!

Bathrooms were small but plush and very clean and smart.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

On a recent business trip, I stayed at this Marriott for four nights. Because we were conducting interviews for a position open at our institution, one of the three of us had a suite on the 37th floor, another had a regular room on the 38th floor, and I had a regular room on the 13th floor. All of us had good views from our rooms, the ones on the higher floors of course being more expansive. But all of us found the rooms quite comfortable and perfect for work. The suite with the comfortable sitting area for conducting the interviews and the conference table for us to work at in the same spatial area outside of the interview times was perfect since the bedroom and bathroom were separated by doors, so the suite provided the professional setting we had wished for our interviews: neither we nor the individuals being interviewed needed to be sitting on a bed (that would have been awkward, to say the least), and to do our business with each other none of us had to sit on a bed. The wi-fi connection was swift enough that we were not inconvenienced by delays such as occasionally happens in other hotels.

The two of us with regular rooms were happy to have the in-room refrigerator; the one with the suite was surprised to find there was none in his. But I had good views from two huge windows in my corner room, and I found the bed the usual soft, comfortable, and warm oasis to sleep in as I've found at other Marriotts. I enjoyed using the workout facility before a day of work, with aerobic machines like eliipticals, treadmills, and stationary bikes available for use each time I went in. People were usually there, but some were on the weight machines or were using the pool. Each time I returned to my room after working in my colleague's suite, the room was cleaned with supplies such as coffee and tea replenished. It might have been nice to have disposable shower caps as part of the amenities, but I had brought my own. I appreciated the in-room refrigerator for leftovers; one morning I therefore could luxuriate in left-over lobster as my breakfast in my room without worry of getting sick from seafood left overnight in the room as I slept. Also, with a 24-hour big grocery store that had a deli right across the street from this Marriott, I picked up Odwalla smoothies for breakfast and soft drinks that I could enjoy cold and keep at appropriate temperatures. Thank you for that refrigerator, Marriott!

When I was planning to venture out into the freezing cold on excursions, the concierge was quite helpful; when I returned from excursions, I enjoyed grabbing one of the cookies from the reception area for enjoyment either that evening or the next morning with the in-room coffee.

The fact we were there for a conference the first week of January made the location of this hotel ideal: through the skywalks we could still go into different malls for quick lunches at a food court or an in-mall restaurant. One of us swore by the morning breakfast buffet at the restaurant in the hotel; tall of us greatly appreciated the in-hotel Starbuck's. I was tickled that one mall even had a Roman Catholic chapel, so attending services for me over the weekend was convenient and didn't make me have to venture out in sub-freezing temperatures early one morning.

In sum, this hotel was great for professional and personal needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Dr_SJ
México, D. F.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

One of the best hotel in Boston!
It's very convenient to have a Hotel with 2 shopping centers without to go outside and just 2 blocks from Newbury St and the famous Boston Common Park.
Near to Mass Av and crossing the bridge you are in MIT.
They also have the best Clam Chowder in Mass!!!

Room Tip: Ask for higher rooms with view to the river
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ECgrizzly
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Fantastic location for a city break. The hotel itself if nice, not over the top luxury but very nice. Right beside Back Bay shopping and nightlife and a short walk to the Public Gardens and Boston Common. The staff were very helpful when needed. Decent city bar with good bar food in the lobby and the overpass flyovers to the Prudential shopping mall were very helpful in the December weather. I was here for a combination of work and pleasure and it was a good base for both.

Room Tip: The only thing I would say is that our room(which was fine if not spectacular) was a very odd shape...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dublin_IrelandBC
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I went to Boston in December for the night to see the Christmas tree lights, etc. and have dinner. We stayed at the Marriott Copley which is one of my wife's favorite as it also has easy access to the Pru, shopping and the newly located Capital Grille.

The hotel was recently done over and looks great. Otherwise, this hotel, as usual, did not disappoint. We had lunch at the bar downstairs which was perfect. Later in the evening we went to the Capital Grille which was very conveniently located in the Hynes Convention Center.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times over the past 7- 8 years, but no through choice as my company specifies which hotels can be used.

The rooms are fine, regular Marriott but there is no fresh air in the rooms.... The aircon is recycled air and none of the windows open. Upon entering the room there is always a strong smell of 'chemical' airfresher - obviously used by housekeeping staff in an attempt to make the rooms smell fresher...

Once this has disipated, the air in the room feels very stuffy. One time, the room I was assigned smelt particularly stuffy and front desk arranged for an engineer came to replace the filter in the aircon unit. When he opened the unit, there was so much dust and filth on the filter, it looked as if it hadn't been changed in a hundred years... The engineer even admitted that the filters should be replaced far more often than they are. I am not obsessed by this but I always fear that If a previous guest had a bad cold, flu or other contagious disease, I will catch it too.

On the positive side, the hotel is in a great location, attached to two good malls. The rooms are very clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Seb322
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

It was a very nice experience, everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again. I didn't like the fact that I had to pay extra for wi-fi, it should be free. I would ask for a room with a view.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business