“Marriott Copley - Boston”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love this hotel. It has an excellent exercise room, pool and hot tub, and a great sports bar in the lobby. It's connected to two shopping malls, so it's possible to do a lot without going outside in bad weather. It has really nice views of the city and of the Charles River. Also, the location is excellent, right off Copley Square and only a few blocks from the Public Garden, the Christian Science Center and the Fine Arts Museum.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Charles River.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,314)

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Selected location because of its easy access to the skywalks connecting to the malls. A map of the Copley/Prudential shops would be helpful for finding the hotel and a map to the Prudential T, but overall this was a great location that kept us warm going through the malls instead of the street. Hotel was nice - we were given a handicapped room even though we didn't request it, so the room was nice and spacious. Beds seemed small for doubles, but overall the room was very clean and had great views of the Charles' River. Concierge was very helpful in giving us the best directions to reach TD Garden for a concert and suggested a taxi would be cheaper than the T (which it was). Elevators were a bit slow, but that was too be expected with the amount of guests this week for a conference or the holidays. Overall, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Well placed hotel, all usual amenities, upgraded rooms, gym, pool....hotel leads straight into the mall, useful when it's snowing or raining. Staff friendly...I've been staying here for near on 20 years...so it's got to be ok!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here for one night in the second week of December for a business trip and enjoyed my experience. I was provided access to the concierge lounge and rushed up upon checking in to enjoy some of the excellent cookies and brownies that were available for dessert. The next morning, I went for a run from the hotel and was almost immediately running through the Boston Common and along the Charles river path (which is really pretty incredible, by the way). The hotel is nearby a lot of neat little shops and is within walking distance of Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. When I'm back in Boston, I'll definitely be back here if I need to be in the Back Bay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike Z
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott Copley place during December and it was a noisy weekend with teens ganging together to rent rooms and then drunkenly roam the halls singing. We did not get the room we requested and the staff said it was due to a convention booking the high floors.
The manager on duty Dec 14th argued with me about the room and she was obnoxious. Could not do anything to give us a room similar to our river view reservation on a high floor. You could only see the Charles River from the extreme right side of the room. The manager on duty then continued to tell me why I was wrong and that my wife was disappointed. Give me a break, Marriott security came to our room at 3am to police the kids then again at 430. They need to walk the halls to prevent the drunken behavior. As for a manager? she was the worst I have ever had in a hotel. Avoid this hotel until things change

Room Tip: manager and staff take the party line with bad rooms, insist on seeing rooms before checking in and...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank PalmBeachGolfer44
Reviewed December 20, 2012

At check-in, we inquired whether we could get a corner room on a high floor, and thats exactly what the gentleman at the reception, who was very friendly and helpful gave us, on the 36th floor. It was very spacious with fabulous views of the river and Boston. In the night, it was breathtaking. We had no delays with the lift, during our stay, with waits of maybe 2 to 3 mins.There is a covered walkway, just near the Starbucks outlet in the hotel, which connects to the Prudential Centre where you get lots of shopping and food. We were thrilled to find a Wagamama, one of our favourite eating places there. The hop-on-hop-off tour buses stop beside the hotel, whilst the duck tours stop on the opposite side. We took the hop-on-hop-off, which covered 2 whole days with a harbour cruise thrown in, which was extremely helpful, including getting into cambridge and Harvard Square. In the afternoon, there were trays of cookies near the reception area. The concierge was excellent, in fact finding us a place to park near the entrance on the last day for nearly two hours free of charge after picking up our rental vehicle, and until a late check-out around 2 p.m. My husband and I had a great stay, whilst waiting to pick our son from university.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room on a high floor. They come with Floor to ceiling glass windows and fabulous view...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have stayed at this location many times and have always had a good experience. I always request a top floor and I have always been on one of the top two floors, which offer expansive views of the Boston skyline. On my last trip I was given a suite with a murphy bed, but was “warned” by the staff prior to be given the room, as I expect some may prefer a traditional bed instead. The concierge lounge is great with fresh cheese and fruit selections.

As a gold or higher member, you will get concierge lounge access. There is a California Pizza Kitchen right across the street and many other eateries very close.

I would recommend asking for an upgrade at check in, as they appear to have quite a few suites. The concierge lounge is closed on weekends, so they will give you two $10 credits per day for breakfast at Starbucks. These can be used for anything (I bought a nice mug), not just food and drinks.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business