“Front Desk Agent, Steve”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Front Desk Agent, Steve”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On October 12, 2012 about 8pm...I went to check in at the Boston Marriott Copley Place. Unfortunately the reservations line booked me at the wrong rate. I was quoted $99 and when I tried to check in it was $250. The first Front Desk Agent was a girl...I wanna say she was from Guyana although friendly she wasn't helpful. She left me standing there and disappeared while I try to figure out where I would stay now. She offered no other resolution aside from stepping to the side so she can assist another customer. I walked to my car that the Skycap guys were patiently watching for me and made another call to the Reservations line. Well...they could only get me a room with a reasonable rate out in Norwood but advised me to go back in and talk to a manager to cancel without out being charged the $250 cancellation fee since it was after 6pm. When I went back in...the Guyana girl was busy so this young man, Steve I wanna say his name was asked if he could help me. I told him my situation and how exhausted I was and dreaded driving out to Norwood. Well...Mr. Steve (he said I didn't need his last name as he was the only Steve at the desk) told me to hold on a minute...I saw him looking into the system and picking up the phone a few times...all the while I was making calls on my own phone as to my change of plans.
Well low and behold Mr. Steve cancelled my reservation without issues and called the Marriott down the road (South Bay Courtyard Marriott) and booked me the 2 rooms that I was in need of. He cancelled my Norwood reservations and told me that he informed the Hotel of my issues and they were waiting for me to check me in. I was so shocked at his customer service skills and thought he has a very bright future in the hospitality industry....He really WOWED me with his service and saved the hotel from having a bad taste in my mouth. I have had nothing but great experiences here and just when I was about to have a bad one....Steve saved the day!!! Kudo's for Steve!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IntegrityMatters617

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in this hotel while on a 5 day visit to Boston. First time staying in this hotel, but I must say I was very impressed. Good atmosphere as we went to check in. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was huge with a great view of the city. The bed was cosy and a copy of the Boston Globe was delivered every morning for free. There is a very good gym and pool on the 5th floor I think, that has everything. Wifi is free but confined to the first floor and cannot be connect from the rooms.
Another plus, there is a Starbucks on the first floor, and the hotel has link corridors to the shops and stores. There is also a Cheesecake factory in the same building and overall, I think this is a great option for a few days trip as its central and walking distance to all attractions. (Duck tour stop is right outside the hotel door too!)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is all about location!!! Located very convenient if you plan to walk around or to use a trolley, or taxi. All the restaurants and shops are within walking distance. Not one of the affordable hotels at all, but if you will get lucky to find a promotion or discount then this is your place. Nothing fancy inside the room though, clean and basic but with the great view to enjoy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
UK
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights to explore Boston. Easy and affordable taxi ride from the airport ($25 I think) and very swift check in. We booked a standard double room and was allocated a corner room with amazing views with floor to ceiling windows. Made the booking through Easyclicktravel (UK) who offered a very competitive price compared to the apparently very expensive hotel rooms in Boston!! The location is good for the Duck tour which leaves directly opposite. We strolled into the main centre, through Boston common which was lovely. A couple of streets away there are lots of restaurants and the mall is joined on through a walkway with access to the Cheesecake Factory (yum- we don't have it in the UK). This is a huge hotel with lots of business travellers.
The room itself is very nicely finished with a luxury feel to it (bedding, towels etc). I would vertainly recommend it for a tourist trip and a base to explore Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed October 31, 2012

It is a great hotel, well located, with nice views of the city. The beds are so so cosy that you get great sleep! There is a Starbucks downstairs what is very convenient as breakfast is not included. A good option in Boston

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is the second time that i have stayed here. I like the location of the hotel. It is convenient to go to other activities/locations in the Prudential Center. The bar/restaurant is fun and the staff is very friendly. The fitness center is big and has a good range of equipment. The indoor pool area looks clean and spacious. The Marriott concierge lounge has a great view of the city and a good assortment of food/drinks. Didn't like the $46 charge for Valet but not much of an option here.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Street, Maryland
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here for a convention at the beginning of October and was pleasantly surprised. Yes it is a distance from the convention center near the waterfront and a bit pricey. However, there were convention shuttles and I didn't have to be concerned about the cost, I was happy. Happy to discover that there was a refrigerator in the room contrary to what I had read in other reviews. This was a big plus because I am not a huge breakfast eater and took full advantage of the Shaw's grocery store across the street to stock up on fruit and yogurt. The bed and linens were wonderful and the room was very nice. The hotel was also conveniently located near the Copley Place station on the Green Line which I took from Faneuil Hall on 2 occassions at night and felt very safe doing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business