“Staying at Boston Marriott - Copley Place”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #50 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver
“Staying at Boston Marriott - Copley Place”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at the Boston Mariott - Copley Place in Boston the last couple of days in Sept. 2012. The location was excellent for walking to Copley Square, the Boston Commons and other attractions in Central Boston as well as the Charles River parks. Our room on the 19th floor had good views looking out over Boston and the Hotel is physically connected to several Copley Square shopping malls. The hotel staff was friendly and mostly helpful. Unfortunately, the room was not very sound-proof and we could hear people talking in adjacent rooms (luckily, they were not noisy). The bedding consisted of a heavy duvet that was far too warm with no intermediate lighter weight blankets. Towel bars were short in supply and the bath room floor was slippery. The in-room safe was broken an not fixed when mentioned to the hotel staff. So, all in all, this hotel seemed a bit overpriced for the quality of the room that we occupied.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was a great place to stay in terms of location, rooms and comfort of service. I checked in to find my room feather free as requested and even after accidently leaving some documents back in my hotel after i had checked out, they staff was extremely helpful in getting them out of the room. My only issue with the hotel was the initial room I was in was quite near the elevator and kept me up the first night as the elevator passed the floor. I would recommend this hotel again if you stay away from the elevator!

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator and be on a high floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at hotel on October 20. Room was great , location wonderful but it was the service that impressed us the most.

Two members of the front desk staff , Zily and Raul, are to be thanked for exceptional effort which leaves us with great memories and a good reason to come come back!

Room Tip: River view worth the extra money
Milan, Italy
Reviewed October 21, 2012

the hotel is great nice and clean. the service is very good and the rooms are very comfortable. the staff is very friendly and helpful. good breakfast, and in the evening the bar's are really full of people and the food are great (I ate a delicious steak). I will be back definitely

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Essex, UK
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Whilst this is a typical Marriott, the hotel is ideally situated. Our room was a good size (as Europeans any room in America is large to us) and very clean. The subway is close by and all the attractions are in a reasonable walking distance. The room could perhaps do with a bit of an update but it was sufficient for a city break. We only used the restaurant once and the food was fine. It is a very busy conference hotel so there were always a lot of people in the bar. Overall would recommend this hotel and would stay there again if in Boston. Great if you like shopping as it is attached to a decent shopping mall!

Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2012

first time ever in boston and loved it. stayed for two nights. hotel was very clean, great location within walking distance to alot of sites. air conditioning/heat was very quiet. there is a mini fridge and food / liquor store (shaws) is just across the street. people were very firendly and helpful. we walked, took cabs (they are all over) and found the subway clean and easy to use. lots to do in boston, wished we had one more day but will definetly go back.

Norwalk
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I love this hotel! I requested to stay in the same room as I had my last stay that was about 4 years ago and they came through! I was very happy about that because it looked like a long shot. They totally made over the whole hotel. I have to say I preferred how it was my last stay better. The doors to the room use to be solid thick oak doors. Very sturdy and sound proof. They closed very slowly too so there was no door slamming going on plus you couldn't hear what was going on in the hallway outside. Well now the doors are made of metal and leave at least an inch gap at the bottom of the door so sound comes in no problem and the doors slam now. They use to have a double table in the room too that had wheels so I could roll it in front of the TV and eat my room service off of. But the table is no longer a double and it doesn't roll. So now there's no where to put your tray to watch TV. I put my tray on the luggage stand but you're still hunched over because it's kind of low. The gift shop use to be big and have a bunch of cute stuff in it. Now it's 1/2 the size and has become in my opinion very upscale, not too much to choose from. Champions restaurant use to be its own seperate identity building now it's right out in the open and you have to pass by it to get out of the hotel, it's noisy. I perfer when it wasn't out in the open. But all these things are minor. I still LOVE the hotel! The room service is completely outstanding!!! I couldn't fit in my jeans when I got back home even though I did a lot of walking everyday. The food has got to come from a 5 star restaurant and even though they say the food could take a 1/2 hour to arrive it never took more then 15 minutes. The staff was very curtious except for 1 very sacrastic women. But everyone else made up for her. Love how if you need a cab you just step out of the hotel and a bellhop blows a whistle and a cab pulls up. The bellhop opens the cab door for you, tells the cabby where your going and closes your door for you. You feel like a queen. What service! Rooms where very clean. I couldn't find dust. All staff gave you a genuine smile and really want to accomodate you. One time I even ordered the wrong thing on the menu for room service not knowing they had the same thing served 2 different ways. When I saw what it was I called and said "charge me for this but I really wanted that". They brought me what I wanted fast and didn't charge me for it. Now that's service! I will be back at the Copley Place Marriott when Boston calls me again! Hopefully I'll be able to get the same room again! : )

Room Tip: Get a room on a very high level floor and get a water view room. Say you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo