“Boston Marriott Copley Place”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #51 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati, OH
“Boston Marriott Copley Place”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great hotel, great room, great service. I am gold with Marriott, so I always expect to get a good room and good service, but this hotel exceeded my expectations. My room on the 35th floor had one fo the best views I've ever had. The concierge lounge was nice and the exercise/pool/spa was great. Very well done.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Les M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was in Boston for a conference. Even though, this hotel is not close to conference centre, I much preferred to stay here in the Back Bay area rather than out by the convention centre. The area around the hotel is full of stuff to see and eat. The Prudential Center is right across the street from the hotel. The Back Bay Station (T and Amtrak) is a quick walk through the mall on the other side of the hotel. We easily walked to Newbury Street for shops and to the Public Garden and Boston Common.

The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable, but my colleague had a problem with hair on her towels in her new room. The hotel promptly switched her into another room. One problem I had with my bed was that after so many people sitting in bed to watch TV, the head of the mattress was now lower than the rest of the mattress. I had to make sure that I slept on outside of the bed away from the night table. Otherwise, my head would be lower than my feet while sleeping. If I were to stay on my own bill, then I might not stay here because it was $229/night, but the location can't be beat.

The hotel also charged ~$13/night for in-room WiFi. There is an ethernet cable in the drawer of the desk if you want to wire your laptop. Tablets and smartphones can't access the Internet this way though. Luckily, my conference picked up the tab for the in-room WiFi. Otherwise, I think it's a ripoff to pay extra for in-room Internet, especially when the room rate is over $200/night already.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tracingstars
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This was my first stay at the Marriott Copley Place and may become my first choice during bi-monthly trips to Boston. As many reviewers noted, this hotel is essentially attached to two malls which makes eating, drinking coffee or shopping a breeze regardless of the weather! Of course, Boston is a walking city, so if you still want to shop and the weather is good, there is PLENTY more in proximity to the hotel. Also, Faneuil Hall, Newbury Street and the Freedom Trail are either a good walk or short cab right away. The T is directly across the street, and it was an easy ride for an amazing dinner in the North End. On this trip, we caught the Boston Symphony (an awesome performance) and the beautiful Symphony Hall was a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Check-in was very easy and a staff member came right over to assist me so I didn't have to wait in line. As far as our hotel room, it was a typically appointed and clean Marriott accommodation. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, and my only complaint is that it was a bit noisy. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant Champions which was okay. I would recommend venturing out for something better if you have the time. Overall, this was a great hotel. There are a number of excellent hotels in Boston so compare prices, but I recommend making this hotel a top choice!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Italiana58
Portland, Maine
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend. I was given a corner room--which had a very nice view, a comfortable bed, and a nice bathroom with plenty of hot water. The staff were the highlight here. Check-in was swift--and when I arrived early they already had my room ready including the small refrigerator I requested. (I am on a special diet and the refrigerator makes it easier for me to at least stay close to it!) The concierges were always friendly and gave me good recommendations and directions. The location was excellent. Plenty to do in the area--museums, shopping, restaurants...all within easy walking distance. There was also god running in the area along the river. All in all--an excellent stay and I will return, if I return to Boston.

Room Tip: A corner room on a higher floor would have a good view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank IronChefNeva
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our birthdays in Boston at the Marriott Copley and had a wonderful visit. The hotel staff were friendly and professional and our room and view were incredible. We would look forward to another visit to your hotel. Thank you!

Room Tip: The higher the floor it seems the better the view. If you're a 'Rewards' member, reques...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Maine
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We have stayed here a number of times and the hotel is consistent. Great location, attached shopping , great breakfast at Champions, helpful staff , clean room is always welcome to a guest.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MaineMan2Maine
Hershey, PA
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel while traveling on business. Cab fare from the airport was $30. Check-in was fast and easy. The room was clean and a typical Marriott room. I ordered room service and it arrived in under 30 minutes. It was good, but expensive (isn't ALL room service food?). It cost $29 for a turkey club sandwich and iced tea. This included the service charge and gratuity.

The bed was comfortable - no complaints there. The view was ok.

Here's what I didn't like:
1. Noisy, noisy, noisy. The hotel is older. While it's been modernized and renovated, it's still an old hotel. You could hear every door close, the elevator, the ice machine, hallway conversations. It simply isn't well insulated for sound.
2. $12.95 for wireless internet. C'mon. In this day and age, every room should have complimentary wifi. If Starbucks has it, my hotel room should have it.
3. Lack of graciousness. Unfortunately, I had a stomach bug for a portion of the trip. A co-worker suggested I call room service and ask for some Gatorade. I did and the room service person said they didn't have Gatorade. She suggested I contact the Gift Shop. I contacted the Gift Shop and they sell it, but they wouldn't deliver it to my room. I had to ask a bellhop to bring it to my room. This was incredibly inconvenient for someone who was feeling terrible. A true service oriented hotel would have delivered the gatorade to me via room service, without troubling me with the details of procuring it. Instead, I had to figure out a way to get the bottle of gatorade from the gift shop to my room.

This hotel is fine, but I wouldn't stay there again because I just rest due to the constant noise level.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business