“Great Sangria and good food”
Review of Bar Lola - CLOSED

Bar Lola
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Corner of Dartmouth St. and Comm Ave
Description: It is the philosophy of BarLola, where one can simultaneously drink, enjoy Spanish music, mingle, and eat ones way round a wonderful gastronomic spectrum. It is our goal to make sure that we only serve authentic dishes that are as close to the original presentation and taste as those you would find in different regions of Spain. We have a fantastic selection of wines, cavas, beers, and other signature cocktails to accompany your meal. We make every effort to ensure that the majority of our key ingredients are imported from Spain. Our kitchen team members come from Spain, descendants of Spain or of Latin ancestry to ensure authenticity and standards. ***NOTE: Every Sunday evening we have live Flamenco shows Sunday Night at 8pm. Please note that there is a $20 minimum per person (toward food and drink) for the show. It will be assumed that all reservations made 7pm and 8pm are for the show. If you will not be joining us for the show, please let us know*
Andover, Massachusetts
“Great Sangria and good food”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Came for a drink in May, and then decided to try a meal for a date night. The food was excellent and the Sangria was not a fluke. Lots of selection and not one bad plate. A fun place to eat and the food did not disappoint. Service was good as well. We ate at 7, so it was very quiet. Go later for a more engaging experience. At a Tapas bar, the more the merrier. Next time we will go for a later dinner.

• Visited July 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Tapas here kicks butt”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I love this place great little tapas plates so you can eat many through out meal. Sangria kicks butt try it by the pitcher. I recommend sitting in bar area as one dining room area Is very close sitting and conversations get very loud when full

Nashville
“Quiet Cool Break with Tapas cool or caliente.”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

After many group meals, and lots of Chowda/seafood. My wife and I were at last alone on a warm afternoon in Boston, and hungry but not famished. We were looking for something a little light and a little different. We came across Bar Lola. You can eat in or outside. We chose inside, had a nice romantic little table inside without distractions.
We had the marinaded olives, salad of the house, Vegetable crepes, Pork loin with a fig sauce, crab stuffed calamari, and Seafood Paella. Yes, we ate more than we planned. My wife had the warm brownie with ice cream, and I, a glass of their sangria.
Food was very good, best Tapas since we were in Spain. Service was attentive, but not on top of us. Nice atmosphere, and not noisy, we could talk without yelling and didn't leave with a headache.
The menu was varied, enough for everyone, whether they like chicken duck, seafood , beef or just vegetables. I would go back often if they were close by.

• Visited June 2012
Boston
“Friendly service, great location, but food was unexciting”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I met a friend for tapas here and since it was a nice day, we were able to eat outside. The hostess and waitress were friendly and helpful. The sangria was very tasty and while the food was good, it wasn't quite what I think of when I think of tapas. Other reviewers have said that it was more like ordering appetizers that you'd find at any other restaurant, and I'd probably agree with that.

• Visited June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

took some people at work to Bar Lola but it was a utterly embarrasing experience for me and for my guests. There weren't many customers that afternoon and we were seated outdoor. For some reason, we had to find our server, Stephanie every time we wanted something. The male server who stood outside by the dishes collecting area doesn't understand anything that we said, or he just simply didn't want to help. Since we had a hard time to locate Stephanie the entire time, we asked the male server for some water.. etc. Instead of refilling the water, he took 5 minutes to find Stephanie because she doesn't want anyone else to get our orders (that is what she told us when she introduced herself at our table.), but water?? No smile on Stephanie till we asked for a manager who wasn't there that Wednesday evening. Food is great but the service is the worst one I have ever had so I stop recommoding this restaurant to anyone ever since.

• Visited May 2012