“Really nice!”
Review of La Galleria 33

La Galleria 33
Reserve with OpenTable
La Galleria 33 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #353 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Transit: Take the Orange Line to Haymarket, follow the signs into the North End. We are the last restaurant on the right on Salem St. Look for the teal neon sign :)
Boston, Massachusetts
“Really nice!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I was distressed to read other reviews of this restaurant. We found a wonderful hostess, a varied, if traditional, menu, and great value--something you don't find much these days. The environment is loud and simple. As another reviewer wrote, the food was served very hot -- a mark of a great restaurant. The chicken cacciatore was delicious, as were the meatballs. I had the special -- marinated lamb shank over pasta -- absolutely delicious. Give this nice place a try.

• Visited May 2013

Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Just OK”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Decided to celebrate a special anniversary at La Galleria after watching the Chef Ramsey makeover. I was disappointed. Was seated fairly promptly. Service was good. I was disappointed to discover that the restaurant had run out of one the evening's entree specials by 8:00 pm. I decided to order the Brodetto entree which consisted of a variety of seafood over pasta. One of the seafood items listed on the menu for this dish was branzino. My plate definitely did not have any branzino on it. I found the dish rather bland. My dining companion ordered a chicken breast entree. I believe it was called chicken boca bono or something similar. The chicken breast, even though cooked in a sauce was overcooked, which resulted in dry, stringy meat which was actually a little difficult to chew. Overall, this restaurant is just average. I would not go back as there are too many other options available. I believe Chef Ramsey would be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
cambridge
“A wonderful stop on Salem Street.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I first tried La Galleria because of the "makeover" by Chef Gordon Ramsey and I am very glad I did. The preparation of the food is terrific, the staff is friendly and the prices are quite reasonable for the North End. The only reason I give 4 stars is because there is no bar where one can sit while waiting for a table but this is true for many restaurants due to space constraints. I try different selections on the menu but the chicken & veal dishes are my favorites along with a delicious antipasto to start things off.

• Visited April 2013
“North End Gem”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

After the Northeastern graduation of the "Chosen One" (favorite niece) last Friday, my wife and her sister and I decided to take the graduate to lunch. As the ceremony was at the TD Garden, the North End was a no brainer. After wandering around awhile it was pretty clear that many of the other families had similar thoughts. Space available became the first criteria. After poking my nose into "La Galleria 33" and seeing a couple open tables, I asked we could be seated without a reservation. The server responded that without a reservation we could only get seated at the best table, OMG a sense of humor, first plus. The service was terrific throughout the visit. The food was exceptional and served piping hot. One of my pet peeves is lukewarm food. Lastly, the price was very reasonable and the portions excellent. The only knock was the bruschetta, not so good, but everything else was way above expectations. With so many eateries in this area it is nice to know that now I have a go to place.

• Visited May 2013
Boston
“Didn't meet expectations...”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We looked forward to visiting this place after seeing an episode of 'kitchen Nightmares'. We used to frequent the North End of Boston on a regular basis for the great variety of restaurants. Over the years, this Italian neighborhood has become more expensive while many of the suburban communities opened some decent alternatives. But, I digress. Visiting the North End is still a nice "treat". So, La Galleria 33 has a decent menu and the prices are reasonable compared to many of the other area restaurants. The service was friendly and attentive. However, our meals were somewhat disappointing. I had a chicken dish that had a decidedly burnt taste to it. My dining companion had a seafood dish that appeared to be missing a featured item. Or, maybe it was there but easy to miss. The ambience was a bit noisy, due in part to the crowding of tables. Hopefully, it was just one of those "off nights"... The competition is stiff in this iconic Italian neighborhood.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ThinkingOutLoud

Been to La Galleria 33? Share your experiences!