“Great Food & Reasonable Prices”
Review of La Galleria 33

La Galleria 33
Reserve with OpenTable
La Galleria 33 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #353 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Transit: Take the Orange Line to Haymarket, follow the signs into the North End. We are the last restaurant on the right on Salem St. Look for the teal neon sign :)
Bloomingdale, New Jersey
“Great Food & Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I chose this restaurant because it was listed on restaurant.com. We arrived at 8 o'clock and the place was empty. I ordered egg battered artichoke hearts ($8) and my gf ordered a Caesar salad ($6), both were large portions and very good. For dinner we both got a pasta dish which was once again delicious and a large portion for the money. My two complaints are the **BREAD** they serve needs to upgraded and the place needs to be a little more alive. Overall I would recommend it to others.

Mertztown, Pennsylvania
“Great food around the corner”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After all the chaos in Boston and the city finally off of lock down, we decided to head to the north end for dinner. Our daughter who is a student in Boston, took us to La Galleria 33. She stated it was featured on Gordon Ramsey's show. Although I am not a fan of his, we wanted to give it a try. It was worth the walk around the corner on Salem Street. Prior to ordering we were given homemade bread served with a great spread of white beans (something like that) not the same old pesto or oil and vinegar. My husband loved his clams casino and my daughter and I shared the caprese salad, Yummy, but can't wait for garden fresh tomatos. We ordered the shrimp parmesan, Chicken bona boca and Linguine Carbonara. We were all satisfied with our dishes and took half of them home. All of the items were large, hot portions and very, very good!! Definitely worth another visit when we go back to Boston. While it is not a big place with many tables we were not all cramped in the restaurant, enough privacy between the tables. Not all restaurants in the North End give enough room.

1 Thank ALRuff
Carlsbad, California
“Nice place with good service.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We chose this restaurant because we saw it on the Kitchen Nightmares show and were in town on vacation. It was fun to see some familiar faces, and the décor/setting was quite nice, as was the service. The kids loved the spaghetti. We shared a calamari, which was different (some kind of lemon sauce) but pretty good. I had the risotto, which was good but not amazing. I was disappointed to learn that many of Chef Ramsay's suggested changes to the menu were ignored and that they defaulted to most of the original menu. Overall it was a good meal at a fair price.

London
“Great food, good value, friendly service, cozy atmosphere”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was a great little find. As we strolled on a Friday night through the Italian neighborhood, we came across this restaurant, it looked cozy and there wasn't a huge queue unlike some others we had passed.
The service was very friendly and quick. My bruschetta fell a bit short of expectations (I think because they used cherry tomatoes) but the risotto was perfect and others had wonderful pasta dishes and mussels. Cozy, dim atmosphere, great food overall and good value. Highly recommend.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Solid Contributor to North End Reputation for the Best in Italian Fare”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family took me to dinner for my B-Day last Friday night to La Galleria, and it was a good experience overall. One big plus is that its hard to get an open table on Friday evenings, and from the looks of it, it does not have the wait other restaurants have in the immediate area, so worth considering on that point alone. Everything else being equal - pick this place vs. another where you'd need to wait an hour for a table.
The service and pricing were spot on. Overall I found the food good, but not excellent. I had the Brodetto - and I found it a little over-spiced, with too much calamari, only two shrimp and no branzino (the fish). In fairness, they did let me know prior to ordering that branzino pieces were not included but was in the stock, but in my view, they could have put a different fish in...or had an extra shrimp or 2 vs. using more of the cheapest ingredient, calamari. That being said, Iliked mopping up the sauce in the excellent bread they use as much as the entree.

My wife got their Scallops special which was good, but she remembered why she did not like battered scallops as a result of this meal. My son had the Tortellini Galleria and seemed to love it.

As others have commented, the ambiance and surrounds were great...so will I return? Yes...but with so many great restaurants in the area, I don't see myself saying no to other places and becoming exclusive to this place either...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tipscorner

Been to La Galleria 33? Share your experiences!