“Awful service, dirty silverware, water served in Sam Adams beer glasses and bland food” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Galleria 33

La Galleria 33
Reserve with OpenTable
La Galleria 33 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #342 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Transit: Take the Orange Line to Haymarket, follow the signs into the North End. We are the last restaurant on the right on Salem St. Look for the teal neon sign :)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We picked this restaurant because we saw the advertisement in the window that Chef Ramsey did a recent episode of Kitchen nightmares there and figure it would be good. We were seated shortly after arriving for our 8pm reservation on a Saturday night but waited at least 5-10 minutes for our server during which time we noticed that the knives were dirty, the busboy came to give us our water and apparently they were out of water glasses as he gave us our water in Samual Adams beer glasses. The waitress took our order and at that time told her about the knives being dirty, she took them and we did not get new ones until after our food had been delivered and we asked for them. The antipasto was small for the price and both my girlfriends meal and my own were bland. There was was no offer of dessert or coffee but bye this time we just wanted out. Very disappointed in our experience, to bad because there are so many choices in the area.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jboucher2011

New Hampshire, USA
“The best of the north end.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My two uncles were up from NJ for Thanksgiving, they love Italian food and often eat in little Italy in nyc. I wanted to impress them with the best of Boston and I did! We had a party of six reservation for 5:30, Fri, good thing, they were very busy, by the time we left there was a line outside. We had soup,salads, a few apps and all tried different entre's. I got the veal paradiso, this dish is heaven. Everyone thought the dinner was exceptional, my uncles said better then NYC, best they've ever had!

Massachusetts
“Good food, fun service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My kids watched this restaurant get "fixed" on Gordon Ramsey's kitchen nightmares. They read updated reviews and asked to go. The food was very good, though menu a bit limited. He service was great, and he "manager" Pat was a great sport and posed for a picture with my kids.

He kids ate linguini and meatballs which he loved, my wife had eggplant park and said it was great.

BOSTON, MA
“Good food, service needs work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Arrived on a Saturday night, 7ish, 5 people. Pleasant hostess sat us right away, which was great. Small place, but it has 2 sides to it. Our server was very nice, male, came right over for a drink order, but got confused and had to come back and ask again. I also think he should have given us a quick overview of the menu, the small plates, because I/we may have ordered differently and most likely spent more money. We didn’t get any bread until right before our apps came - it came with a white bean dip that had good flavor, but texture was a little "gluey" for me. We also had to wait for silverware. I assume there was none clean because when it finally came out it was so hot we had to wait to use it.

We all enjoyed the food - bruscetta was very good and fresh, as well as the antipasto. Cod w anchovies and capers - sauce was excellent and flavorful. 2 of our guests said they loved the meatballs. Chicken in the chicken parm was tough and had a tendon in it. Our gluten free guest got the steak tips no sauce. Steak was good, but parm potatoes had no flavor. Eggplant ravioli was good with tasty vodka sauce. Tiramisu is the only dessert and they only have regular coffee. Dessert came, everyone liked it (I thought too much alcohol taste), but coffee didn’t come til way after dessert was gone...again, the service needs work. Server was very nice but seemed frazzled and overwhelmed for some reason, but it wasnt that busy at that early hour, there were open tables. We would go back and try again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank SUEBA13
Cary, North Carolina
“Off the beaten path, but not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

A business colleague and I visited the restaurant the first night after filming kitchen nightmares. (May 23, 2012) I'll say that the food was good, but not out of the park great. I'm always in search for a better lasagna and I'm sorry to say this was not it. When I travel back to the area I'll try some other places before coming back here.

• Visited May 2012