“Horrifically rude service”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Closet
More attraction details
Owner description: High-end consignment clothing shop located on Boston's posh Newbury Street.
Reviewed March 11, 2012

What a horrible experience - as one user mentioned, the staff is so rude it completely sours any good finds this store has to offer. We went on a Sunday and watched in absolute horror as the owner angrily shoved several older ladies out the front door telling them it was closed (if you're that desperate to close, simply lock the door). It was such an awkward and uncomfortable experience that I promptly put down my items and left the store. I'm surprised given the multiple reviews of the rudeness of the staff that people still elect to patronize this store. No bargain is worth that level of disrespect.

7  Thank twograyboys

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Fun to look through the clothes; sometimes you can find a real gem. However, beware: the owner is astonishingly rude, as other reviewers note. No eye contact, dismissive, treats you like you're a bother. I'm one of those people who just has trouble spending money after being treated like that (call me crazy!).

6  Thank 25countries
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Designer jeans for $49.99, what's not to like? All brand names - Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Missoni, Prada, etc, etc. Plan on spending an hour here easy. Loved the experience of shopping at the Closet! Will definitely make it a permanent stop on my travels to Boston.

1  Thank Wtravel66
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I have been consigning and buying clothes here for about 25 years. I love this store. You can find incredible bargains if you take the time to look around - Prada, Chanel, Armani and more... It is one of the best consignment stores in the US!

2  Thank LuvLuvLuv2Travel
See more reviews
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I found this place on Yelp. I only wish it had been my first stop on Newberry St so that I wouldn't have been carrying so much stuff. Seriously, I was amazed by the high-end selection and the reasonable prices. With the exception of the very high-end items (Prada, Armani, Chanel, etc), anything that's been in the store for over 30 days is discounted 25%, at 60 days it goes to 50%.

However, like the previous reviewer, I didn't get a warm reception from the staff. Not necessarily rude, but most certainly not warm and fuzzy.

1  Thank CouplesGetAway