“Designer stuff at excellent prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Closet - CLOSED

The Closet
More attraction details
Owner description: High-end consignment clothing shop located on Boston's posh Newbury Street.
Maine
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Designer stuff at excellent prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Designer jeans for $49.99, what's not to like? All brand names - Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Missoni, Prada, etc, etc. Plan on spending an hour here easy. Loved the experience of shopping at the Closet! Will definitely make it a permanent stop on my travels to Boston.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Wtravel66

Park City, Utah
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Best in Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

I have been consigning and buying clothes here for about 25 years. I love this store. You can find incredible bargains if you take the time to look around - Prada, Chanel, Armani and more... It is one of the best consignment stores in the US!

Visited January 2011
2 Thank LuvLuvLuv2Travel
Baltimore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing selection, fantastic prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

I found this place on Yelp. I only wish it had been my first stop on Newberry St so that I wouldn't have been carrying so much stuff. Seriously, I was amazed by the high-end selection and the reasonable prices. With the exception of the very high-end items (Prada, Armani, Chanel, etc), anything that's been in the store for over 30 days is discounted 25%, at 60 days it goes to 50%.

However, like the previous reviewer, I didn't get a warm reception from the staff. Not necessarily rude, but most certainly not warm and fuzzy.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank CouplesGetAway
Cambridge, Massachusetts
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Excellent selection and very fair prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2006

It's always worthwhile to stop in at The Closet and have a look-see.
The selection varies constantly-- new arrivals every day.
The owners and staff are helpful and congenial.

1 Thank langdonllangdon2016
A TripAdvisor Member
“Am I paying for the rudeness, too?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2005

It's true that The Closet has a wonderful selection of clothes. It takes some weeding, but I never fail to find at least five things that I love (and that actually fit!)

Nonetheless, every time I shop there I tell myself I'll never return. The owner and his employees are astoundingly RUDE. I feel sure I would get a warmer reception wearing a clown suit at Bergdorf's in New York than I ever have at the Closet.

Of course, I return because I never fail to find lovely clothes at bargain prices. I do think every one should be aware before going that the rudeness isn't personal- it's universal. I've never met anyone who has had a pleasant experience with the staff.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member