“Pretty good”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We'd read that this is an underrated place in the North End. We waited about 30 minutes to get in...not even close to how long people wait for Pizza Regina. Crust on pizza was quite good...thin and crispy. While I don't like an overly-cheesy pizza, there seemed to be too much sauce and not enough cheese. Needs more of a balance. Good nevertheless.

1  Thank JustCurious44

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I am so glad my sister and I stumbled onto this place last weekend. We didn't have to wait a ridiculous amount of time to eat, we were able to chat and watch the playoff games, all the while sipping on some wine and chowing down on some stellar pizza. It's a smaller place, but I didn't feel like I was packed into a sardine can. They had a smaller wine selection, but the price for the bottles wasn't as bad as some restaurants in the area. What is about an $11 bottle in a store will run about $24 bucks here. The pizza menu is basic, but the pizza itself is really great. We ended up getting a cheese and tomato combo and both of us ate more than we needed to because it was too good to stop! I'll definitely be coming back here. In fact, now that I'm writing about it...I'm craving pizza, Pushcart pizza. It's relaxed and seems like a perfect low-key place to have a drink and some grub and watch a game. Also, if you happen to be a tourist returning to the North End and you've already sampled a more formal experience and now just want pizza- definitely come here. It's a gem, great experience for a budget price.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

After several relatively expensive meals during our 10-day trip to Boston, we decided to find a pizza place in the north end for our last night’s dinner. That proved much harder than expected as we spent nearly an hour wandering around in the rain and finding places that were either too expensive or which served single-topping, margherita, or other pizza types which were not what we wanted. We finally settled on Pushcart Pizza. To be honest, it isn’t much of a place – on a side street, small, and dominated by the bar. But we decided to give it a try and eventually ordered a four-ingredient “design-your-own” calzone. It ended up being the size of a large pizza folded in half. Besides being huge, it was very good and cost less than $10! There was one young gal who was tending bar and doing all the waitressing, but they weren’t especially busy and the service ended up being fine. This probably isn’t the place for a fancy dinner, but it filled the bill nicely for what we were looking for.

1  Thank Dmarkwind
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Pushcart is off the beaten path and a nice place to stop in for a beer and pizza.

nice atmosphere with pleasant staff.

Prices are good and very good size slices for those that don't want to buy an entire pizza pie.

1  Thank Leafystuff
Reviewed January 9, 2012

A cute little pizza place on Salem st. in the north end.
Do go there for a casual meal. Get a seat by the window in the summer.