“Bring on the hipsters”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Jamaica Plain
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My advice on avoiding the lines is to go early. At 7 or 8 in the morning the lines move quickly and the service is better. That said, I have found everyone on staff to be friendly and helpful. My complaint is the space itself, which is hard to navigate-if you have a laptop and tray of coffee, you might have to do a delicate dance in this place. For me, that's a small price to pay for consistently tasty food. One of my favorite places.

There are newer reviews for Ula Cafe

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have to admit, I really like the food at Ula. The problem is the crowds, the tiny area where you order, the crazy long line which is omnipresent. Everything I have tried has been delicious, especially the baked goods, such delicious popovers. The sandwiches are good but I do wish they made the bread too. Can't have it all I guess. I usually drop too much money with it being a cafe and all but that's my problem for lack of will power. As with most JP places, hipsters abound, some serving are friendly, some not. I'll keep going back but might have to switch to take out.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Around the way from sam adams tour. If you have a Mac, you will fit right in. Interesting, fresh sandwiches and a nice menu. Good for a quick bite. Indoor and outdoor seating. Small.

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Ula Café has an excellent trendy café atmosphere. The building has a very industrial look, both inside and out. Their popovers are delicious and the coffee is ethically sourced. Another plus: they have bins to sort and recycle your trash. The café is also along the way from the T stop to the Sam Adams brewery. It's definitely worth the stop.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

While waiting for the Sam Adams tour this was recommended. Best sandwiches ever! Great unique sweet potato and avacoda mixed sandwich and a great roast beef sandwich. Long wait because it was packed but well worth it!