Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

1,641 results
All reviews tom collins city view hop on hop harbor tour great tour tour guide your bearings day pass great sense of humor go boston card boston's history interesting facts uss constitution historic sites duck quincy market visiting boston
Reviewed yesterday

I didn't have a lot of time to spend, but wanted a flavor of the Boston sights and history. City View Trolley Tour delivered perfectly.

The young lady who sold me the ticket was kind enough to show me where to find a restroom before boarding and snuck in a small discount.

The drive - OMG, I So wish I could remember her name - the driver was FAB-ulous! A native Italian-American Bostonian, you can tell that she loves her town and knows its history - both pubic and private.

Her accent was PURR-fect for the tour! I could've listened to her talk all day.

Her enthusiasm was through the roof and her driving was absolutely amazing! How she maneuvered that trolley around two emergency vehicles speeding around her and the building construction and parked cars all without a hitch is beyond me.

The tour was excellent and it allowed me to focus my remaining time at a couple of sites that particularly interested me.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Myself and my 2 teens (18 & 16) took a trip on the hop on off trolley this past Sunday. The entire experience was wonderful! Being from Florida, we were looking to enjoy touring Boston....with some additional warmth Matt got us set up on the trolley quickly and gave us some tips for stops. Coach was a great guide....he was very knowledgeable about the city’s history as well as current things to do. Having an enclosed ride was perfect..the wind and temperatures made for a very chilly day but the trolley was warm and comfortable. I am so glad we chose to do the City View Trolley Tour! Def recommend!

1  Thank firemansfamily
Reviewed 3 days ago

loved this trolley!! It was perfect for us to see attractions on our short visit. we got a deal of $25 pp downtown.. I found it hard to find the get on and off spots,, but our friends had been before so knew where to go.. It was also great because it was so cold,, I liked you could get on and off all day!!!

Reviewed 4 days ago

My mom and I did the trolley tour on a cold, rainy November day. We were so thankful to be able to hop on and off the trolley - not only to rest our feet and get dry and warm, but to get a sense of the city and its rich history from the local tour guides! The guides were entertaining and informative, and they gave us ideas for how to plan our stops and where to go to eat. It was expensive ($41/each) but worth it. Boston is walkable, but it's made difficult when it's damp-cold and with its cobblestone and uneven streets.

The tour runs from approximately 9:30 AM to 5 PM. We bought our tickets outside the Long Wharf hotel. We got off at the USS Constitution (a must see) and Charlestown (the Warren House is one of the oldest pubs in Boston), the North End (try Mike's Pastry), and Boston Common/Beacon's HIll. We never waited longer than 10 minutes for a trolley. A great way to see the city if you're only in town for a couple nights.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Our tour guide was witty, friendly and fun. He was knowledgeable and easy to hear plus he kept us laughing.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Definitely good value for the money. Bus driver was very friendly and informative. It’s a great way to tour a city.

Reviewed 5 days ago

The hop on-hop off option makes getting around to the major sites a breeze. I was there in the off season so not all sites were open, check in advance if there is a must-see on your list. Hugo was a friendly, engaging, informative, and entertaining guide! Some others give the "canned" tour, but still informative. Keep in mind that the stops are not very clearly marked due to city ordinances, they are small signs on a pole that say something like "city tour stop" in small print toward the bottom.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Great Experience! Four days using this service. Willy (at the ticket booth across from Legal Foods at the Aquarium was friendly and helpful. Tom Collins was trolly driver and guide for two days and was very informative, friendly, and fun.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Make sure you ride with the only female driver they have, Christine. She knows her history and fun facts. She talks fast but clear and you'll love all of the information she shares. Road with another drive two other times during the day do not compare to her enthusiasm and knowledge of Boston.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This tour could be great but it wasn’t. We took it twice in 2 days however neither time did we have a very good guide. Our first did not talk much—very little history and the second one was downright rude. The second driver/guide yelled at other drivers and pedestrians too. The company really needs to train their guides better. The best part was their many trolleys and little wait time compared to the other hop on hop off.