“Fenway Park Tour”

Ranked #1 of 400 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hallowed ground to baseball purists, this cozy, quirky park has been the Boston Red Sox home field since 1912. The most distinctive feature of this classic baseball park is the 37-foot-tall left field wall, known as the "Green Monster."
Reviewed October 27, 2013

George gave us a great tour of Fenway. It was amazing how he remembered all of the dates and stats associated with this original baseball gem! Great tour for all baseball fans even if you aren't a RedSox fan! BTW...they did offer a military discount.

1  Thank Lmbogie

Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you're in Boston you have to go to a Red Sox game. Located close to where we were staying in Back Bay we walked to the stadium (about 20mins). There's a massive merchandise store outside and you can get EVERYTHING Red Sox. I'll definitely go back to another game!!

1  Thank Tintana
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have visited Fenway Park more times than I can remember, coming here first as a child to watch the Red Sox, and as an adult, now bringing my own children. Even if you're not a Red Sox fan, there are enough historical things about baseball here to keep you interested.

I strongly recommend taking the guided tour of Fenway Park. Often when I have visitors from out of town, this is one of the attractions most are interested in seeing. I have been on the tour about a dozen times, and although there is some variability depending on the guide, I usually learn one or two things I was unaware of regarding the Sox or baseball in general. The areas visited also vary depending on the time of year and if any construction is occurring. It always fascinates me to see up close the history in this one hundred year old park, and hear the names of famous players I grew up with--Ted Williams, Johnny Pesky, Carl Yastrzemski and Jim Rice, to name a few. Overall, it's a very enjoyable way to get a historical perspective in one of the original ballparks.

The tours leave from the Red Sox Team Store on Yawkey Way and last about an hour. You can either purchase your tickets here, or at the Box Office across the street. Parking can vary greatly. During the week, there are several parking lots in the vicinity. On weekends, if you arrive early enough, sometimes you may find parking on the street. On game days, all bets are off, and you're on your own.

My favorite time to go is when the Sox are either playing out of town, or in the off season. It gives you more opportunity to take a later tour, as they stop several hours before game time. If you must go on the day of a game, call ahead and get there early, as these tours tend to fill up quickly.

Don't forget to visit the statues of Red Sox legends outside the park.

If you're interested in a bite to eat, the Bleacher Bar is one of my favorite destinations. It's entrance is on Lansdown Street, and is under the bleacher stands. They serve pub food, cold drinks, and you can look out onto the field while eating. How cool is that?

And Yankees fans? Sure, they're welcome to come. Just be prepared for some good-natured teasing.

1  Thank ackdog1
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband is from New England and Fenway is his favorite ball park, it's like coming home for him every time. The owners have done such a great job with making at 100 + year park one of the best. The before the game street activity is awesome. We have been many times and can't wait to go back! Go Red Sox!!!!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We've been to many games at Fenway, but decided to take the park tour pre-game. We picked the premium tour and this meant we got to go down on the field which was awesome. This tour is well worth the money, but make sure you get there early to get in line. One of the highlights was getting to go up to the green monstah during batting practice during which several players were hitting balls right over our heads. Bonus, the Sox spanked the Yanks!!

2  Thank kjd1978

Been to Fenway Park? Share your experiences!