“Atmosphere!”

Ranked #1 of 423 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hallowed ground to baseball purists, this cozy, quirky park has been the Boston Red Sox home field since 1912. The most distinctive feature of this classic baseball park is the 37-foot-tall left field wall, known as the "Green Monster."
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Go the Red Sox. Walking to Fenway Park on a summer evening with lots of others was a great start to the game. At Fenway it was buzzing. There are so many things going on and then there was the actual baseball. That night the Red Sox lost but we had a terrific evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (14,218)
All reviews
in 492 reviews
"behind the scenes"
in 168 reviews

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I know this review is going to be against the grain, but I have to say what I feel. We just saw our last game at Fenway Park. We are getting too old to put up with the minor inconveniences. The commute on the Green Line or the drive in through crowded streets and trying to find a place to park or getting a more expensive reserved spot over the Green Monster. Trying to fit into a reserve seat that's smaller than an airline seat and with less elbow and leg room as well...and the airline seat often costs less. When you do get lucky to buy a less expensive seat at Fenway it is usually behind a pole or facing right field and not home plate.

Yes, it has the nostalgia. But after seven innings of a strained neck, a sore bum, numb legs and aching ribs from your neighbors elbows it is comfort that I miss and not the good ole days when ballparks were small, poorly designed but friendly as they say in Chicago.

I grew up going to Ebbets Field, and the Polo Grounds in New York, even Forbes Field in Pittsburgh and they were all older than Fenway Park. But I have also been to more modern ballparks such as Camden Yards in Baltimore and Safeco Field in Seattle and there is no comparison.

Nostaglia is fine, but comfort is better. Fenway Park is great but a new Fenway Park is needed.

1  Thank jackmcf
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went to a game in June! It was a double header and they had to postpone the first game. After calling everyone to the second game to get in early, security was awful and made us all stand outside for over an hour.

That was the ONLY downside! The food choices are GREAT, the experience was wonderful, the Sox won and Sweet Caroline was so much fun to sing with the crowd!! We would go again and again. I know the tickets are pricy and the seats are tight, but it is so worth it!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Baseball is not a popular sport in the English speaking Caribbean, however the evening was similar to a top competitive football (a.k.a. soccer) game. The fans really make the atmosphere and experience memorable for me at any sporting event and this was no different.
In town on business but only a 15 minute walk from my hotel (Hilton Back Bay on Dalton St) so I decided to give it a try.
The long queue for a game day ticket, food vendors, scalpers, bars, music and the characters outside the stadium - priceless - even reminded me of a Carnival fete.
Staff were very efficient and friendly at the ticket booth, security, ushers and food vendors inside.
The view from Grandstand 9 row 4 as picked for me by the guy in the booth was good, however there are several posts about that will partially block your view (use the seat map to pick your own seat)
Food on offer was typical stadium fare and variety but not unreasonably priced and fan memorabilia available both inside and outside for purchase.
Sox got whipped by some great Tampa pitching and fielding as well as a few self-inflicted errors, however the fans still got behind their team to the end. I even saw a home run by Napoli so it was still a great way to spend an evening!