“So uncomfortable!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 369 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hallowed ground to baseball purists, this cozy, quirky park has been the Boston Red Sox home field since 1912. The most distinctive feature of this classic baseball park is the 37-foot-tall left field wall, known as the "Green Monster."
Oxford, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“So uncomfortable!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Ok so as a baseball fan I wanted to go see the Sox play at the famous Fenway. I was firstly surprised at how espensive the seats were compared to the other ball parks I have been to - but firgured it must be worth it. We sat in Loge Box 110 which had a great view but the seats were sooo narrow and uncomfortable. Its was a boiling hot night and sitting in cramped seats with your neighbors either side of you pressed up against you - wasn't fun! I'm glad I have been, I'm in no hurry to go back!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hugo, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fenway Park Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

You can't miss this tour. The guides are filled with tons of Red Sox history and have a lot of enthusiasm. You get to sit on top of the "Green Monster," but do not get to go on the field.

Lafayette, Colorado
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A Must-Visit in Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Make sure to get a seat in the shade, or be prepared to take a break on the concourse (where they have some misters and shade set up, but still gets pretty hot). It's an ooooold ball park, so don't expect a lot of the modern conveniences; however, it's an historic site and the Red Sox fans are among the most passionate in any sport, so if you get the chance to see a game live do so!

New York City, New York
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Legendary venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

While visiting my best friend in Boston, she decided to take me to Fenway and check out all the surroundings. While there we found out Paul McCartney was going to be performing that night! So on a whim we were able to still get fantastic seats in the iconic Fenway Park. Seats are comfortable, concert staff for the venue was rude to my friend (young girl with big mouth at bag check who works for Fenway) but we still had a great time. This was my first time in Boston and how lucky to see a music icon in a ballpark rich in history. This is a great place to see a concert since it is a smaller stadium seats are all good!

Northern Virginia, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fenway Park- amazing, but not modern (allergies, size limitations)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Everyone knows Fenway Park - if you are reading this, you have probably been there already! I recently returned from my second visit to Fenway Park (this time for a concert) and what I will say is just a couple of things that readers might appreciate knowing about - first of all, this is an OLD ballpark. If you are overweight or even just large/normal in our modern times, you might want to consider that the seats will NOT fit you comfortably. That is one thing to consider. I am a "normal" sized person as is the girl who went with me and we fit in the seats okay, but the people next to us were by no means massively overweight and they could barely squeeze themselves in to the armrests. So that is one thing to consider.

Second, I am really allergic to peanuts and peanut oil and they are very popular at this park so if you have a child who is severely allergic be forewarned that the peanut shells are everywhere (on the ground, etc.) I myself regretted wearing flip flops because of the amount of peanut shells on the ground.

So those are my two maybe-helpful hints. But other than that, what can I say? It's Fenway! You gotta go.