“Boston bruins ice hockey game!”
Review of TD Garden

and up
Boston Duck Tour
Ranked #29 of 392 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: This modern arena, formerly named the Fleet Center replaced the beloved but dilapidated Boston Garden as home for the Boston Celtics and Bruins.
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Boston bruins ice hockey game!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I went along to my first ever ice hockey game here with a friend who was also foreign. We had a ball ! Great atmosphere and music and an exhilarating watch! Highly recommended!
But remember dont take a backpack or they won't let you in! I had to stash mine at the valet parking booth around the corner from the stadium!

1 Thank Steph J

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Ridiculous alcohol policy!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I will not be returning to TD Bank Garden for any reason, ever. Here is why...

First of all I spent $900 on 2 VIP tickets in the very center, 3rd row from the stage for a concert, the view (as it should be at that price), was great, as it would be at any venue that close to the stage. However they had the rows packed together like sardines, I have been to a lot of concerts and sure room is tight but this was absurd, to walk through a row you could almost not avoid stepping all over peoples toes, whether people were sitting or standing it made no difference. For $450 per seat for what were sold as "VIP tickets" I do not think enough room to walk to your seats should be too much to ask, I am thin...165 ponds so that was not the issue. What a joke!

It only gets worse from there. After finding our seats me and my girlfriend decided to get a couple hot dogs and a couple beers. Since it was such a pain to get in and out of the cramped rows she decided to just wait in her seat while a grabbed the beers and hot dogs. So I walk all the way back up to the concession area, order 2 beers and 2 dogs and am told that I can only order 1 BEER AT A TIME, I am in my early 40's as is my girlfriend as well. I have been to large venues in NY, Miami, LA, Dallas, etc etc, and have always been able to order 2 beers at a time....so what ...a guy can not be a gentleman and buy his girlfriend a beer without dragging her all the way to the concession area...? Well not in Boston apparently. PATHETIC. The person behind the counter said it was not the venues fault but rather the decision of those putting on the concert...BOLD FACE LIE...we just saw the same artist in Brooklyn 2 days earlier and you could purchase the normal 2 beers per ID. They then further explained that it was so people would not get too drunk however they allow you to buy 1 beer, down it, then get back in line and buy another one, which is exactly what everyone was doing....makes a lot of sense right???? So if I wanted a beer I had to gulp it down so I could buy another one to bring for my guest, which is exactly what I did....ever notice people are more likely to get drunk when pounding down beer rather then sipping it?! Whoever put this policy in place should have their head examined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The concert performance was great but I would NOT return to this venue.

1 Thank JWright2012
San Diego, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great venue, easy to get to”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great location and always a good time. I had the opportunity to watch a Bruins game and it was so much fun! There is no bad seat in the house. It is easy to get to using the subway, takes you right to TD Garden. Food and drinks are expensive, which is not surprising. Make sure to bring your ID because everyone gets carded and they are very strict on that policy.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dated......already!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

For a Building that is not that old, it looks like a Building that was built and designed in the 1970's. The Staff keep the Building very clean, but this place needs a facelift.
I watched a Bruins game. The game itself was enjoyable but the Building was a let down. I have seen NHL Hockey at almost all 30 Buildings now, I have to admit that TD Garden ranks as one of the biggest disappointments.

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“STUPID ALCOHOL POLICY!!!!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I am 23 and from Florida. I bought club tickets specifically because I figured me and my buddy would get some drinks and watch the game from the view at the bar that was in the club. Well supposedly if you have an out of state ID (Like me from Florida), YOU MUST be of at least 25 years of age. I was completely shocked because I felt like I was 20 years old again. I have never heard of this kind of policy. Then the bartender asked me if I brought my passport?!? And when I said "No", she told me "That's too bad because I could serve you if you had a passport, I'm sorry". ALSO, if you are from out of state and between 25-30 years of age, YOU MUST provide 2 separate forms of ID to get an alcoholic beverage. This is just dumb.

3 Thank Bob H

Been to TD Garden? Share your experiences!