“BOSTON GARDEN”

and up
Boston Duck Tour
Ranked #29 of 392 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: This modern arena, formerly named the Fleet Center replaced the beloved but dilapidated Boston Garden as home for the Boston Celtics and Bruins.
Lexington, Massachusetts
198 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“BOSTON GARDEN”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is the old Boston Garden renamed by a different sponsor. Home of the Celtics and the Bruins and the site of many concerts. It is always crowded and stuffy - but that is what makes for some of the atmosphere. Seats can be great to terrible - try avoid an obstructed view. Boston fans are rabid and when the Celtics or Bruins are playing expect an experience like you have never seen before (probably the only thing more exciting in Boston is a Red Sox/Yankees Baseball Game). For the concerts, the fans tend to be a bit more civil. The Garden has a lot of history to it and viewing the various Championship Banners hanging from the rafters is a sight that all should experience at least once.

Visited October 2012

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Trans Sibeierian Ochestra”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Never have seen them before (neiter my wife nor I). I was a little board with the whinie guitar after a while (and I like guitar), but the narraor made the first half half of the show. the 2nd half was their older stuff (from what I understand). I have never seen a light show like that. Incredible! Fireworks and all!

Burlington, Connecticut
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Celtics Game!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I brought my boyfriend here for the December 21st Celtics game against the Bucks. Such a great experience! We sat in section 6, row 16 and the seats were pretty awesome. I can't speak to the steep stairs that others have mentioned because our row was right next to the area where you walk into the arena so it was at the same level -- no stairs for us! It was also convenient to be right there when we wanted to go out to get drinks/food.

We were going to eat before the game but didn't have time. We got there at 5:45 and there was already a line starting to form waiting to get in (doors opened at 6:30 for a 7:30 game). So we decided to get in line. Glad we got in line when we did because the line was massive by 6pm. They opened the doors a little bit early and security went pretty quick. They are definitely serious about their bag policy. Saw many people get turned away with backpacks. I had a small purse and was fine.

Food prices were as expected, definitely on the high side. We're from CT and I was worried about their out of state alcohol policy because it states you have to be 25 or older with multiple forms of ID. It was my boyfriends 25th birthday and he was able to purchase alcoholic drinks without a problem. He used his license and student ID. He brought a debit card too, but didn't need show that. Glad he was able to enjoy the game with a few drinks! He went back out to get last drinks a few minutes after 9 and they had stopped serving alcohol so just be aware of that.

The gift shop prices are insane! I was had purchased some Celtics apparel for both of us online before the game and was glad I did. I was looking at a simple thin cotton zip up hoodie and it was $120!

We took the green line T from our hotel in Cambridge which was only about 1.5 miles from the Garden so I can't speak to parking. I would imagine it's pretty crazy (and expensive!) though. I would definitely suggest taking the T in. The green line is right across the street and the orange line is right under the arena. Very easy to access!

Overall it was a great experience, we'll definitely be back! The only thing that would have made it better would be if they had won in overtime instead, haha. Very close game though! :)

MA
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“TSO - A Rock Show and Story”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

12/23/2012 3pm show at TD Garden in Boston. Great show! 1st female solo sang the song like it was a prayer - it was beautiful. Rock music and continuous light shows throughout support the story of redemption on Christmas eve. Tired of The Nutcracker? Then see this. Nice touch - Band gives donation of $1 per ticket from each show to a local charity. They announce that right before the show begins.

Southwick, Massachusetts
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Trans Siberian Orchestra”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston. Arrived by limo so I can't speak to parking but it was pretty easy to find our seats as the ushers were very helpful.

Visited December 2012

Been to TD Garden? Share your experiences!