“One of the nicer theatres”
Review of Colonial Theatre

Colonial Theatre
Ranked #241 of 413 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: This grand Victorian theater, built in 1900, today hosts touring Broadway shows and other productions.
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This is an elegant yet cozy theater in the Boston area. I enjoying going to shows here as it is not overwhelming.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

On our last night in Boston, we decided to see West Side Story on a whim. The Colonial was in walking distance from our hotel, the Radisson, and I was able to get front row seats ($100 a pop). We had a great time watching the talented actors give us an energetic show. It was a great end to an unforgettable trip to Boston.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

I went this past weekend with my boyfriend to see Harry Connick Jr. and it was an amazing show!!! One of the most romantic nights in an old theatre in beantown with so much history and beauty! The theatre has been very well kept and plenty of stall in the bathrooms. The staff was ok but the Colonial exudes natural beauty!

Reviewed April 11, 2011

Very important for folks with limited mobility. It's in the fine print on the website, but should be front and center since the steps up to the balcony are dizzying. RUDE staff at all levels when I inquired about alternate seating for one in our party who has MS. It took 15 minutes to go up the stairs. Three separate people essentially shrugged and told me to go talk to the box office.

Too bad; it's a beautifully decorated theater. But skip it for others in town if you can.

4  Thank justm0
See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2009

My partner and I went to see Rent while staying at the XV Beacon! The tickets and seat location were great, and the show was fabulous! My only complaint about the Colonial Theatre would be the seats themselves. I understand and respect the historic value of this theatre but the seats are SO close to each other with no leg room! And I mean NO leg room, even my partner who is only 5.5 1/2 was cramped. But the theatre is breathtaking and the show was amazing! There really aren't too many seats in the house I could say wouldn't be great seats!