Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Go Boston Card
138 Reviews
from $57.00
2,713 results
All reviews all ages butterfly garden omni theater human body planetarium shows interactive exhibits hands on activities great for kids kids and adults great exhibits any age year olds special exhibit learn something charles river rainy day parking garage
Reviewed 5 days ago

I enjoy Anything creative in explaining our world, science, history, geology, anthropology, astronomy, etc. The exhibits were smaller than I thought. The planetarium, Omni were all extra. The best thing was the 'living wall'. A 2 story tall, flat garden growing against the wall (beautiful).

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Beautiful science museum on the Charles River. Lots of interesting and interactive exhibits and shows. We saw a 4D film on sharks that didn’t lessen my irrational fear of them, an IMAX film in the Great Barrier Reef, and a planetarium show set to Rihanna’s songs. There were other shows that looked interesting too and a large museum store and cafe that looked nice. They even had a live animal car show. One of the nicest science museums I’ve visited.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I wish we hadn’t spent the money on this place. It came highly recommended by a few friends so we decided to check it out. The whole way through I kept thinking “I wish I had a kid with me”. The museum is very neat and I think most kids would really enjoy the countless hands on activities and experiments. But for us, a couple with no kids, we were sad we spent the money. Some of the exhibits were neat, but not worth it. Take your kiddos here are all day long, and probably multiple times!!

1  Thank Jekela
Reviewed 1 week ago

The museum is huge and you need a whole day to check out the whole thing. We went with our 3 and 6 year old kids and everyone had a great time. We also went to a 4D movie about Sharks. It was a bit too scary for our 3yo but was very well done. It was perfect for kids this age since it was only 15 mins long. The museum had tons of hands on exhibits about everything from dinosaurs, space, the human body, animals in the region, electricity and more. We could have spent the whole day here if we had more time. There is a cafeteria to buy food and a place to eat if you bring your own. There are not many other restaurant options in walking distance. This is easily accessible by the T and also has parking. You can stamp you hand when you enter so that you can go out and eat and return later. There is also a locker service but it cost $5 for a small locker. Kids and adults will all find something to play with here!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My family and I took a trip to this museum and the kids loved it. There were so many different interactive exhibits and so many things for everyone to do. We stopped in and watched the 4-D shark mini movie which was really cool! It was one of the highlights of the trip.
The hands on exhibits were a lot of fun and the kids couldn't get enough of them. We had a wonderful afternoon at the Museum of Science.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Went here on a high school trip. Now I mean trip in both senses of the word (a. Journey outside of school and b) odd experience comparable to using drugs, not that I condone that unholy behavior.) It was trippy because both the planetarium and the rocket simulation were very accurate. Trust me, I've been in space many a times. Anyway, it was really fun and I learned a lot. Some things I learned are that the score of my ability to ignore distractions is 69 and in the future my depression will be treated with a giant and ugly helmet.

1  Thank americaas-sweetheart
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The workers at this museum are awesome. Carol in the children’s discover center was so informative. I can tell she truly loves her job. She took the time to talk to my daughter and walk her through each animal skull/skeleton. She was such a delightful woman. She made our trip to Boston worthwhile. Thank you to the museum for have the best workers!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Both kids and adults will enjoy this museum. Interactive exhibits and tours. IMAX theater and animals.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful museum. Interactive with fun for the whole family. Loved the exhibits and the animals. Easy way to spend a few hours in Boston.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It's a great museum for primary school aged kids, with tons of interactive exhibits. We really enjoyed it. The entrance fee is high.