“Fun and educational even for 30 year olds!”
Review of Museum of Science

Ranked #20 of 389 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Spend a couple of hours or the whole day at this hands-on museum that has something exciting for everyone. Touch a lizard, watch chickens hatching, see lightning being created and enjoy hundreds of other exhibits, where you can't help but learn something new about science and technology. Hold onto the edge of your seat at the IMAX movie theater, which costs extra.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and educational even for 30 year olds!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I loved this place lots of cool little exhibits on computers and programs the lit night show was cool, overall I really enjoyed the museum!

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wellesley, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great Science For All Ages”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our family's favorite museum in Boston: Truly something for everyone here! Although the IMAX, planetarium and 3-d films are very popular attractions at the MOS -- and for good reason, I love the butterfly garden. My youngest son really looks forward to seeing the baby chicks hatching in the permanent exhibit and the audiokinetic sculpture. My two tweens look forward to visiting the optical illusion exhibit and lighting live exhibit. My husband and oldest love the special exhibits -- this year Dead Sea Scrolls. We all love the hands-ons exhibits as well. With all the offerings of the Museum of Science, a family could easily spend a full day immersed in science!

PA
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Not just for little kids!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My children are in high school and they LOVED this museum, as did my husband and I. We arrived when the museum opened at 9:00 am and I had to beg them to walk away from the exhibits because I was hungry for lunch at 1:00! We could easily have spent another hour here. We stopped to see only one show--the electricity show--which was fun. I can't say which exhibit we enjoyed the most. The weather station was very interesting, as was the exhibit on nanotechnology and the display of models. The Pixar exhibit was not quite complete when we visited, but we still enjoyed the displays that were open very much. This exhibit demonstrates the technology used to create the animated movies.

The cafeteria in the museum offers plentiful options both healthy and kid-friendly. The food is a notch above typical museum food (which is not to say it's great, but it is certainly good) and prices are typical for a museum. The restaurant is unavoidably full of over-stimulated children, so don't expect a relaxing meal. The museum also has a large and well-stocked gift shop with lots of funny, nerdy tee shirts.

Visited June 2013
Munich, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“May be fun for pre-school children, but not for adults”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were rather disappointed that the museum was not also addressing visitors aged above 10 years. On the other hand you will spend more than 100 $ when take two kids to the museum and its definitely not worth its value.

1 Thank Schornl
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Dead sea scrolls, pixar pre-exhibit and techy fun”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Love the museum of science and it was finally a beautiful sunny day in Boston. Dead sea scrolls exhibit was fascinating with interesting artifacts and we learned more about judaism, christianity and islam - we spent 2 hours in the exhibit but could have spent more. Teenagers loved the museum including the pixar pre-exhibit activities.. Definitely worth the trip. Also, cambridgeside galleria mall is a 5-10 minute walk if you like the cheesecake factory or other quick food/shopping.

Visited June 2013