“go before 9”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I walked in at 9:05 and were greated(if you want to call it that) with a rude little Asian lady barking that the kitchen stopped cooking at 9:30. When she seated us and tossed a pot of green teat our way she took our order and did not answer questions... we had many. The little paper given to us was reflective of the photos on one of the 3 menus that she also tossed at us. So... my husband over ordered not sure what we were getting. The food was AMAZING! It really was the best Dim Sum that I have had in a while. listening to the little lady slam dishes around was pretty funny and we were out of there well before the posted 10pm closing time.

There are newer reviews for Winsor Dim Sum Cafe

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I picked 4 items from the dim sum menu and the bill including excellent green tea was under $30 including tax and tip. We loved the selection and enjoyed everything from pork buns to vegetables in oyster sauce. Worth the wait.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I had dined once here a few years ago and remember it being good. At the time, we were still frequenting another dim sum place that we have been going to for 10 years. The dim sum at that place has seriously gone down in quality, so we were in the market for another dim sum place.

Although small (we had to wait 20 minutes for a party of 5), the food was absolutely delicious. Everything was hot and seriously tasty! I actually prefer the ordering vs. the carts wheeled around because the food is very hot. We were happy with everything we ordered. Definitely a good deal for delicious dim sum!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Boston has a decent Chinatown but the dim sum is generally underwhelming. The Winsor is definitely good dim sum, and probably the best dim sum in Boston currently. The décor is austere, you have to provide your name and wait in line, and you might end up sharing a table, but I would suggest it is worth it! I have been there multiple times and I have not been disappointed yet.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my favorite dimsum place until I found the other one along Beach St. This place does not have push carts instead you order by checking the paper they gave you. Chinese usually likes their dimsum warm or hot which makes things delicious. The dimsum here is not warm when served. This place is small and fully packed, has to share tables with other patronage. Food is okay for Boston standards.

Been to Winsor Dim Sum Cafe? Share your experiences!