Boston North End self-guided walking tour & scavenger hunt

Book in advance
from
$37.15
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience New England Holocaust Memorial
from $37.15
from $595.00
from $42.00
2,550 results
All reviews glass towers concentration camp million jews steam rising moving tribute freedom trail new england take your time etched victims caves inscriptions remembrance sobering mist stories death
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

A dramatic memorial juxtaposed with Boston’s busy streets, restaurants, traffic, and (when I visited) construction.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Lorne_Alexandra
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

Imagine standing inside a tight glass tower inscribed with millions of numbers tatooed on holocaust victims, with gas-like mist surrounding you, coming from vents under your feet. You are also standing over ember-like lights reminiscent of the ovens. You escape, only to find yourself in another tower. The experience is very powerful, haunting unforgettable. If you feel uncomfortable and want to leave, it's OK, this is exactly what this monument is meant to be. But first you must go there. Free, always open.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank laptopmanny
Reviewed December 30, 2018

My daughter and I stumbled across the Holocaust Memorial while visiting Boston. The memorial is composed of glass "stalls" which have steam rising up inside them. Each stall has a story as told by a Holocaust survivor engraved on the glass walls of the stall. The stories are touching, and are a great way for an adult to teach a youngster what can happen when hate dominates a person's way of thinking. I'm glad my daughter and I stumbled across this un-heralded "jewel" in Boston.

Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

The New England Holocaust Memorial is along the freedom trail and well worth the visit. Very sad and thought provoking. Take a few mins just to read a few quotes or names of the dead.

Reviewed December 16, 2018

I was doing fine until I read the inscription about the girl who had found a berry and carried it around on a leaf all day so she could give it to her friend. At that point I was a crying mess. Although it's not a particularly long way through the memorial, it packs an emotional punch.

2  Thank SwissMissKriss