“A simple but beautiful memorial”

New England Holocaust Memorial
$35.00*
Boston Jewish Culture Walking Tour
Ranked #11 of 402 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: The six glass towers of this striking memorial serve to represent the six million Jews who perished in the Holocaust, six main Nazi death camps and the candles on a menorah.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went over because it was very close to Faneuil Hall that we were walking to but now recommend to friends to go and visit. Take the time to read the quotes written in the towers.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've visited Holocaust memorials/museums in many other cities--all have been worthwhile--but this one was a very different experience. I like that it's outdoors--right in the middle of a very busy street--almost as if to say "This horrible truth will not be hidden." In spite of all that is going on around you as you walk through these glass panels, you will be transported back to that time in a very meaningful way. And without sounding too callous, you can easily pay tribute without having to commit four or five hours of your day to a museum. I defy anyone to get through this with a dry eye.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

A very moving experience for us and this will remain with me forever. The many quotes and reminder of how many people lost their lives under awful conditions was a haunting reminder but managed very well and with full respect.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've been to Yad Vahem in Israel, along with its children's memorial with the lights representing the children whose lives were ended before they had a chance to shine, and the Holocaust Memorial in DC. Each place wretches my heart when I am confronted with the sheer horror that happened to the Jews and those who supported them.
This memorial is very different in its setting. As mentioned, it is on a busy commercial street. We came upon it as we were out walking. Maybe that is a good thing, as it reminded me that the murder of so many men, women, and children happened in the course of everyday life. That it eased into life without notice.
Each pillar gives one the opportunity to stop and reflect on the personal stories of the people. Funny, even though it is see through, I did not find myself distracted by what was going on on the outside. Maybe, again like that time, the people's lives went on as usual, while those in the camps were facing terrible atrocities.
Thought provoking.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband is Jewish and he enjoyed reading and liked the quotes from the survivors. At first we thought it was some type of warming stations from a distance, it was very cold. But, glad we walked over to learn more.

Been to New England Holocaust Memorial? Share your experiences!