“Great time!!!”

Ranked #3 of 392 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The red line on the sidewalk leads you on this 2.5-mile, self-guided tour of American Revolution sites. It starts at the Boston Common, America's oldest public park, and ends at the famed Bunker Hill Monument.
virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great time!!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2005

Being a history fanatic, this was one of the most enjoyable, but tiring activities I have ever done. We didn't do the guided tour, but opted insted for the audio tour. This was an excellent choice as you had commentary all along the tour, but could take it at your pace. We also noticed with the guided tour that it didn't do as many sights as were listed with the audio guide. The cast was $15.00 per person and well worth it. My favorite stop was the Paul Revere House and the Old North Church.

13 Thank ronpats

• Turkish first
Long Island, NY
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 247 helpful votes
“Be prepared to walk alot!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2005

My boyfriend and I just returned from Boston last week. It was our first time visiting this city so there were things we did like and didnt like. The Freedom Trail was one of the things we did enjoy. If you love history then this is the trail for you. There are many things you come across on this trail that are very interesting. Although, we had to split up the sightseeing for 2 days. It is way to long and tiresome to walk the whole trail. Plus there are historic buildings you go into that take time to see. 2 days should be enough. As most people have stated its very easy to follow as long as you follow the red bricks. Its impossible to get lost if you follow the trail. I dont plan to return to Boston in the future, however anyone visiting this city for the first time I recommend following the Freedom Trail. Its a fantastic adventure!!

9 Thank fiestylady
Chicago, IL
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“even non-history buffs will "get it"”
Reviewed August 22, 2005

Based on the reviews I read here at TripAdvisor, we took the (walking) guided Freedom Trail tour while in Boston for the first time this past weekend. What a great deal for $12 per person! Our guide, "Agnes" was entertaining & engaging. Even non-history buffs can appreciate this type of tour!

8 Thank nicla
New Orleans, Louisiana
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 340 helpful votes
“Interesting - and good exercise, too”
Reviewed July 18, 2005

I recently took the guided tour of the Freedom Trail that was run by the Freedom Trail Foundation. This, in my opnion, is the best way to experience the Freedom Trail. The guide knew his history and passed along lttle known facts about the Revolution and its events. I highly recommend this tour.

6 Thank Peripatetic_Engineer
St.John's
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Accurate history!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2005

With a short time in boston, I wanted to do a tour to get the historic highlights. I chose the guided Freedom Trail walking tour and got James Otis as some did some other reviewers. What a great choice- I am definitely not one for guided tours but this was the exception.
Great value at $12 , very entertaining and, best of all, the history was accurate not simply the grade school stuff. Strongly recommended.

22 Thank dkeith

Been to Freedom Trail? Share your experiences!