“Great to see the interesting history of Boston”
Review of Freedom Trail

Ranked #3 of 400 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The red line on the sidewalk leads you on this 2.5-mile, self-guided tour of American Revolution sites. It starts at the Boston Common, America's oldest public park, and ends at the famed Bunker Hill Monument.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Freedom Trail that winds its way through the city and outskirts is great. Easy to follow the red bricks marked along the way. The holocaust section is aptly represented and very moving indeed. It prompted us to seek out more details of the holocaust and then visiting the washington dc memorial museum on the same topic. The freedom trail is on the top of the must do's in Boston, and I agree!

There are newer reviews for Freedom Trail

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Excellent self-paced walking tour of historic Boston. About 3 miles, took about 3 hours to walk stopping at all the landmarks.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm a history geek so I really loved this. We walked it on our own, instead of with a tour, and we didn't do the whole thing. We didn't go across the river to Bunker Hill, but what I did get to see I really liked, especially Paul Revere's house and the Granery Burial Ground. I really liked getting to see Boston this way. The old buildings mixed in with new was really interesting. Boston is a lovely city. I'd like to go back sometime and see the rest that we skipped or didn't have time to see.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had not walked the Freedom Trail in a very long time but then a friend of mine came up to visit. Seeing how much she enjoyed the trail and what it taught her really made me appreciate it all over again. It's a great feature for Boston and is so convenient for tourists.

1  Thank Anita G
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The freedom trail is a great way to see the historic sights of Boston in an afternoon. A guided tour is recommended in order to appreciate the history of each of the sights. For those who opt to go it alone the trail is easy to follow with a red brick line guiding you around he city.

1  Thank Andrew C

Been to Freedom Trail? Share your experiences!