“Happy place”

and up
Boston Explorer Pass
Ranked #42 of 410 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Highlights of this interactive museum include the "Science Playground," featuring giant soap bubble-making tools and the "New Balance Climb," which teaches kids the laws of physics while navigating through a two-story-high maze.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We visited with our two boys (10 & 7) and were pleasantly surprised by how much fun the older one had. I would say 10 is approaching the upper limit of their target age, though. They enjoyed the New Balance Climb and the Kid Power areas the most, but Science Playground and other areas were also fun. Especially if it's rainy or cold, the Boston Children's Museum is a nice side trip.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"few hours"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent time had by all. So many great activities for the kids, many attendants waiting to help, very clean, and obviously very family friendly. This is a great value for the price too!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went here on a Saturday with our 2 year old son. It can get a little busy on the weekends, but it wasnt over the top. If you have a toddler, the museum turns into something of a play place. I thinkt he learning aspect would be better felt if the child was say 5 years old. Either way, we had a good time. They have an area where you can bring food and take a lunch break. There is also an Aubonpain there, but it is expensive as expected. If you are able to sift through the mom jeans everywhere, it is a great place to go.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I took my toddler to museum while visiting Boston. He loved the museum. We have a membership to Please Touch in Philadelphia so we were admitted for free. There were so many exhibited for my son to have fun. There was a tot area perfect, we had to drag him from the train set. The construction zone was great. The climbing apparatus at the entrance was so cool, although my tot was scared and wouldn't go up.

We had so much fun, if I'm ever back in Boston we will definitely visit again.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My daughter and I spent the day at the Boston children's museum and spent the first half hour on the 3 story climber. She couldn't seem to make it past the first activity. The kindergarten room was a wonderful replication of a real classroom. It was a valuable and memorable experience for both of us. Highly recommended for younger kids and energetic parents! The place was exceptionally clean.