“One of my favorites”
Review of Scampo

Scampo
Reserve with OpenTable
Scampo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cambridge
Transit: Located directly across the street from Charles/MGH stop on the red line
Description: The stunning first floor restaurant in Boston’s Liberty Hotel, Scampo, is a culinary destination created by legendary chef Lydia Shire and The Lyons Group in April of 2008. In Scampo, Shire’s reputation for defying tradition translates into Italian-inspired cuisine unrestrained by borders, drawing on flavors from the Mediterranean and Middle East. Scampo is a reflection of Chef Shire: bold, red and full of energy. The contemporary space features shiny copper lanterns, a glowing orange bar and seating overlooking the mozzarella bar.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Scampo is one of my favorite places to eat. I love the variety of bread and we tried the Ciccio bread this time which was delicious. I am a vegetarian and usually get the pizza with truffle and chanterelles and it is amazing. I don't like when mushrooms are big and chunky and they aren't on this pizza. The restaurant was accommodating to us (me, my friend and her mom) also as we wanted to watch a basketball game and it went a bit longer than expected, but we were upstairs at Clink for the TV. Scampo was great and let us push back our reservation a bit.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had been trying to get to Scampo for years and finally made it there last Saturday night with two other couples. We were lucky enough to be seated in the u-shaped booth in the back corner of the restaurant which was perfect for our group. Our server was extremely knowledgable and attentive. It was hard to pick appetizers and entrees because everything on the menu sounded delicious. Our table started with the mozzerella bar with prosciutto, Patrick's naan and a few salads. Everything was extremely fresh and flavorful. At the server's suggestion, I ordered the hand-rolled Roman porchettta with hand-made orecchiette with broccoli rabe. It was incredible. My husband ordered Spaghetti Carbonara which is now in his top three for Carbonara and we have been to Italy several times. I will note that Carlo's Cucina's Carbonara in Brighton is also in his top three - a true neighborhood gem! Everything was so delicious that we didn't have any room for dessert although the choices sounded delectable. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This restaurant provided an extremely memorable night on our recent trip to Boston. Our experience was perfect from start to finish--the service was impeccable, the atmosphere was intoxicating and the food was divine. Not a detail was left unnoticed--our night out was literally flawless. When we arrived for our reservation, were met by a friendly and sweet hostess who showed us to a table with a great view of the restaurant. The entire staff consisted of consummate professionals who went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The atmosphere was trendy, modern, upscale, and sexy. This sleek restaurant was beautifully designed; I would love to meet the interior designer! The electronic music was at an ideal volume and further added to the ambience. A tray of bread sticks and avocado dip was promptly brought to our table. I started off my meal with the Waldorf Salad, which was delicious. For my main course, I ordered the quail, which was tastefully presented over a bed of creamy risotto. Both the quail and the risotto were extremely flavorful--it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. That said, the undisputed highlight of our night was getting to meet Lydia Shire, one of Boston's elite chefs. She walked around talking to several customers, and we were able to have a great conversation with her. It's fantastic to see that she's so involved with her restaurant--you can clearly see that she cares about maintaining a high standard of excellence. In conclusion, I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who visits Boston. You will have an outstanding night and make some great memories!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We ate there 2/15/2014 and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The service is great and the staff is knowledgable. The restaurant is very nice looking and has a nice open kitchen and a relaxed, but busy atmosphere.
The two of us shared an appetizer, we each had cocktails, an entree with sides and dessert. The bill was about $140, which is great for the quality. One entree was simply the best restaurant food I have ever had.

Go and enjoy.

2  Thank DavidTrip
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Food was incredible, very creative dishes. waiter was very friendly, great vibe. Pricey but worth it!!

2  Thank Grod N