“One of Boston's Best”
Review of Scampo

Scampo
Reserve with OpenTable
Scampo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 3,328 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cambridge
Transit: Located directly across the street from Charles/MGH stop on the red line
Description: The stunning first floor restaurant in Boston’s Liberty Hotel, Scampo, is a culinary destination created by legendary chef Lydia Shire and The Lyons Group in April of 2008. In Scampo, Shire’s reputation for defying tradition translates into Italian-inspired cuisine unrestrained by borders, drawing on flavors from the Mediterranean and Middle East. Scampo is a reflection of Chef Shire: bold, red and full of energy. The contemporary space features shiny copper lanterns, a glowing orange bar and seating overlooking the mozzarella bar.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Scampo's is one of my old reliables. Although usually crowded (reservations are a near must most of the time), I do client dinners here all the time, but the tables are sufficiently set apart that conversations work fine. When I'm alone I often sit at the counter.

I have always had great service, there is a wine list for almost all budgets, and I've never had a bad dish. The mozzarella bar (just a section on the menu) is fantastic although be prepared -- there's not much cheese on the otherwise somewhat pricey plates. However, they combine lots of stuff in each of the mozzarella plates that just go together great -- almost a meal, so I often just get a appetizer past for my entree.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband, son and I enjoyed a lovely lunch at Scampo last Saturday afternoon. Service was attentive and friendly, and the food was excellent as one would expect in one of Lydia Shire's restaurants. We began with tomato mozzarella salad, which was lightly dressed with good balsamic vinegar and topped with very fine arugula. The tomatoes were perfectly ripe and flavorful. Our mains included a lovely pasta with a nicely seasoned, light pink sauce and chicken meatballs. My husband chose sea bass, which he found excellent.

We first enjoyed Lydia's food at the Bostonian Hotel way back in the 1980's, and she continues to create food we always enjoy. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent place for dinner. Best Pork Chop ever, other great options for food.. Excellent wine choices. Freindly staff.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I live in Beacon Hill so Scampo is convenient and delicious. The breads and mozzarella dishes are great. I usually get a flatbread, but the vegetarian pastas are great also. Atmosphere is lively and I like the open style kitchen/bar.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Delicious and creative food combinations. A wonderful wine selection.
Friendly, vibrant atmosphere. Great service. Hard to beat!