“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Scampo

Scampo
Reserve with OpenTable
Scampo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 3,189 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cambridge
Transit: Located directly across the street from Charles/MGH stop on the red line
Description: The stunning first floor restaurant in Boston’s Liberty Hotel, Scampo, is a culinary destination created by legendary chef Lydia Shire and The Lyons Group in April of 2008. In Scampo, Shire’s reputation for defying tradition translates into Italian-inspired cuisine unrestrained by borders, drawing on flavors from the Mediterranean and Middle East. Scampo is a reflection of Chef Shire: bold, red and full of energy. The contemporary space features shiny copper lanterns, a glowing orange bar and seating overlooking the mozzarella bar.
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

Food was excellent. The mozzarella -home made- starter with prosciutto was superb and so was the salmon. The service was great and the place was packed. I saw a very famous financier dining next to us. It looked to me like a place to be seen, vibrant, noisy with fantastic wine list and a service to match.

I'lll be back :)

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank julio b

Claremont, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere, great service from the minute we entered and awesome food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family included my 33 year old nephew, my 25 year old daughter in law and myself. My nephew and I came to Scampo with expectations of a good meal and atmosphere. My daughter-in-law had already been there. We left Scampo with an experience that was a perfect blend of great atmosphere, great food and awesome service.

Kurt, our waiter, was always attentive to us as a whole, while never rushing us along. He really knows how to please the guests with his knowledge of food/wine and his great sense of humor. Our back waiter(s) were great as well as they were available but not in the way...seen but not heard. Awesome!

My duck entre rocked this world; my daughter in law's sword fish was perfectly cooked. And the mozzarella appetizer with arugula was a very satisfy surprise. The wine that Kurt recommended was, quite simply, orgasmic!

My only concern was the music. When at a restaurant like Scampo's, it would be nice to hear Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett or big band music such as Tommy Dorsey. You know, the old type of jazzy music that makes the diner even more happy that they chose Scampo!!

Thanks so much. Can not wait to return!

Kathleen

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank kathleen n
Boston, MA
“Another home run by Chef Lydia Shire!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

Fabulous nontypical Italian food accompanied by better than average service. Every thing was fresh and delicious. The lobster pizza is a wonderful carry over from Chef Lydia Shire's legendary Biba restaurant.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank Drsugar
Reno, Nevada
“Great food, noisy restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Great dinner, but very noisy. It was a Friday night, and was very busy. Lots of people at the bar. Expensive menu, but worth it for a special occasion.

• Visited August 2011
NJ
“Scampo- Excellent experience not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

My family and I had just arrived at Liberty Hotel and were immediately transformed into a tranquil yet vibrant restaurant environment. The ambiance is attractive with large vintage Italian movie posters interspersed with subtle colors on walls with accent lighting. Open kitchen and bar with tables surrounding. Service was very good. Table receives a fava bean pesto with homemade breadsticks excellent. The pasta my 11 yr old had was fresh and homemade, happy, happy. My halibut was excellent with galanga and lemongrass and new potatoes very original and tasty. Wife had a terrific veal chop, yummy.
Excellent wine list waitstaff wine knowledge very good. Desserts were off the charts.
We look forward to return visit. Nice exterior patio for alfresco dining.
Make reservations, they got very busy at @ 8pm on friday nite. Kid friendly also.

• Visited August 2011