“Nice Library”

Ranked #7 of 396 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Relive the Kennedy era in this dynamic combination museum and library, where your visit starts with a short film and then leaves you on your own to explore a series of fascinating exhibits, including the Kennedy-Nixon debate, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the space program, 1960s campaign paraphernalia and displays about Jacqueline and other Kennedy family members. The striking, I.M. Pei-designed building overlooks the water and the Boston skyline.
Georgetown, Indiana
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice Library”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I visited the JFK Library while in Boston, December 2013. It was a cold rainy day so we chose to visit. It had a lot of information that I didn't now before attending the library. I would recommend this to anyone interested in JFK.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
West Chester, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Must see”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

A must see if you have a few days in Boston, and an easy subway ride from downtown. All of us, college aged kids included, enjoyed different aspects of the museum.

Boston, Massachusetts
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“50 Years Later-”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I spent an afternoon at the Museum in November and reflected on President Kennedy's many contributions to our country. I watched the film, toured the librar,y and listened to his words. I reflected on the fact that 50 years ago we lost this great man. I remember the day like it was yesterday. The museum is a very educational afternoon for children and adults alike. The view from the library is amazing. They have many new exhibits to enjoy! The gift store also has many quality items available . I purchased a replica of Jackie Kennedy's watch and have enjoyed wearing it each day. Spend a day remembering and reflecting-

Boston, Massachusetts
326 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 460 helpful votes
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have lived across the harbor from the JFK Library for a year, and decided to visit on a snowed-in weekend. We drove and there is free parking – (GPS need to look for John Kennedy of JFK museum to find.) I understand if you come via the Red line there are free buses to the library. Waiting for the introductory film, we watched the film and read the material about his funeral, which was pretty moving. After viewing the rest of the museum, I think this should have been at the end. The film was very informative, talking about JFK up until the time he was the democratic nominee for president (interesting – I was too young to know that people ran for the VP too!) The next part of museum seemed more like it was from Jackie’s viewpoint. She was such a young first lady! It didn’t seem like there was much information about a president that was so loved by America. I think the best part was the special exhibit about the Cuban Missile Crisis. Awesome how he held his cool – there could have been really bad alternatives. The view is amazing but other reviewers are correct – the museum needs some maintenance as far as paint and cleaning. I actually liked the NPS tour of his birthplace better. Although not posted, they do a military discount. No child-focused activities.

Visited January 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 223 helpful votes
“Enjoyable time at the JFK Library”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband & I recently travelled to the LBJ library in Austin, and so enjoyed it that we thought we'd compare the JFK one with it. The library is very enjoyable, with exhibits that show Jackie's touch. The display for Robert Kennedy was thoughtful too, although I didn't quite understand the importance of the teamster's toy truck until we started reading Lamar Waldron's books. The cafe in the library is just a tiny snack bar, very little to choose from, disappointing after so many nice places to eat in Boston/ Boston area.

Visited October 2013