“Very organic. Modern and I was full”
Review of 606 Congress - CLOSED

606 Congress
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: D Street
Transit: Silver Line: Silver Line Way
Description: Executive Chef Richard Garcia presents a Boston Seaport District restaurant featuring modern farm cuisine with regional influences. Enjoy outdoor seating and two private dining rooms. It's the perfect space for a rehearsal dinner or casual business meal.
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I believe this place is new or changed name and everything else.

Very nice open concept with the open kitchen, small bar in the corner but great and smoke seating area.

The egg white frittata was excellent and very much filling

Very good breakfast menu. Nice and friendly staff. I'll come back for sure

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I ate here when staying at the Marriot Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel where this restaurant is located.

We were there on a Friday night at around 7 p.m. and the restaurant was practically empty which is probably why the service was so poor. There was no host/hostess to seat us when we arrived so we stood for a while. We were finally seated and had to wait a while for our server to arrive...there was some confusion as to which server would take care of us since we asked for a different table. (I never understand why when you are in an empty restaurant, they always seem to give you the least desireable tables.) We ordered off of the bar menu since we just wanted a sandwich. We ordered clam chowder and a hamburger. The clam chowder was good but I've had better in Boston. The hamburger was good but does not come with lettuce and tomato unless you request it. It came with regular fries or truffle fries. I tried the truffle fries but there was way to much garlic for me...my fault for taking a chance on something new to me. The regular fries were very good. The presentation was very nice. After we ate, we took a walk and found lots of other restaurants within a block of the hotel. They were all very busy though on this Friday night. There was a Sting concert at the nearby waterfront ampitheater so restaurants were busier than normal. But since you have a lot of other options, I would walk around the area and pick something other than this hotel restaurant.

Another thing that happened while we were there. A group of 8 came in and said they had made reservations through an restaurant reservation website but the restaurant had no record of it...I am not sure why it mattered because the restaurant was almost empty anyway.

1  Thank TeaAndBookLover
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great breakfast with plenty of choice. Also very good quality of food for dinner: fantastic stakes and fillets!

2  Thank Ellebi5
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stopped in for Brunch Sunday morning and found the service and food excellent. The atmosphere was comfortable and modern. A lot of natural light. The food options were good not great. I had the Lobster Omelet which was out of this world !! The other choices for cereals breads and fruit were excellent. Plenty of variety. The Only thing I would re-think was the toasting station. Not much room to put down your Omelet or cereal bowl down while you toast. But I may be a little picky. Overall it was fantastic. Next time We are in the city I will make it a point to have brunch at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront.

1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance for a business trip. The weather was bad. I went to the bar for a drink and to try and decide whether to venture out for dinner. There are so many places to go in the neighborhood, I was mostly thinking of grabbing a bite next door (Legal Test Kitchen) or Salvatore's (where I'd had good experiences in the past).

What I found at the bar was the wonderful, totally in sync combo of Alan and Karen. They took care of me and all the folks there really well. Always keeping the water glass full without asking. Pulling out the bar and restaurant menu when I talked about the nasty weather. Being available if you wanted to chat, but not intruding if you wanted to read (which I did).

I decided to stay. I ended up having the $0.99 chips and dip (yes, not a typo under $1). Not bad, perfect for one. Moved on to salad (ceasar...they asked if I liked anchovies ...answer yes). The salad was a bit over-dressed...not their fault. Had a rare burger...hard to find in many places. Good, but the brioche bun was a bit greasy

All in all, I give the food experience an "average" for the price and the service experience "excellent"...thus the overall rating of "very good"

1  Thank HoosierontheMove