“Fabulous Service in the Bar”
Review of 606 Congress - CLOSED

606 Congress
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: D Street
Transit: Silver Line: Silver Line Way
Description: Executive Chef Richard Garcia presents a Boston Seaport District restaurant featuring modern farm cuisine with regional influences. Enjoy outdoor seating and two private dining rooms. It's the perfect space for a rehearsal dinner or casual business meal.
South Bend, Indiana
“Fabulous Service in the Bar”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance for a business trip. The weather was bad. I went to the bar for a drink and to try and decide whether to venture out for dinner. There are so many places to go in the neighborhood, I was mostly thinking of grabbing a bite next door (Legal Test Kitchen) or Salvatore's (where I'd had good experiences in the past).

What I found at the bar was the wonderful, totally in sync combo of Alan and Karen. They took care of me and all the folks there really well. Always keeping the water glass full without asking. Pulling out the bar and restaurant menu when I talked about the nasty weather. Being available if you wanted to chat, but not intruding if you wanted to read (which I did).

I decided to stay. I ended up having the $0.99 chips and dip (yes, not a typo under $1). Not bad, perfect for one. Moved on to salad (ceasar...they asked if I liked anchovies ...answer yes). The salad was a bit over-dressed...not their fault. Had a rare burger...hard to find in many places. Good, but the brioche bun was a bit greasy

All in all, I give the food experience an "average" for the price and the service experience "excellent"...thus the overall rating of "very good"

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank HoosierontheMove

Riverview, Florida
“Don't Waste Your Time or Money”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I ate at 606 Congress on Christmas Day. I wanted to treat her to a great Christmas day dinner in a nice, upscale restaurant. First, let me say that our waitress was outstanding and this review has nothing to do with her. My wife ordered the salmon and I ordered the spinach ravioli. Although the salmon she received was on the dry side, at least the salmon and vegetables covered most of the plate. When I received my ravioli, I thought the chef had accidentally prepared the appetizer. For $24, I received six small ravioli that covered the very center of the plate and nothing more. I couldn't believe it. We spent $80 (including 20% tip) and ended up leaving the restaurant to have dinner in the North End. Don't bother going to this restaurant if you are expecting a good meal.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Christopher O
Wayland, Massachusetts
“New Years Eve”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife made reservations for a New Years Eve dinner at the hotel's restaurant. The executive chef (Chef Garcia) is quite accomplished and his menus leave nothing to want. I would rate the dinner perfect in every way. We had great service to make for a memorable night.

• Visited December 2012
Opelika, Alabama, United States
“Worse dinner in Boston”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Large group of business folks decided to have dinner last night (dec 1st) at the hotel instead of going out in the weather. This is another place that puts how they display their food over how it tastes. We were the only 12 people in the place at 8pm! That should have told us something. Very pricey and not tasty. My spinach ravioli was undercooked I think. Cheese not melted and a little tough. My husband got lobster but it was in the middle of some rice and sauce, said it tasted funky. The chicken looked the best. Dessert was not too great either. Too fancy for its own good. It is a hotel restaurant shouldn't try to act like a big boy.

New York City, New York
“nice enough lunch but expensive”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I just had lunch at 606 Congress and it was good. It is a hotel restaurant, so it was large and trendy, but comfortable. The service was a bit spotty at times ...kind of too intrusive and then AWOL for a while. The lunch special was a choice of salad or soup with an entree, or entree and dessert for about $16. I had a nice salad and a hanger steak sandwich on baguette.. It was very good. My companion has a Kobe Beef hot dog for around the same price and it seems to have been,,, well, an expensive hoy dog. It was clean, attractive place with a devent expensive hotel meni and open kiychen. Not bad at all if you can afford it..

• Visited November 2012