“Forget about Legal Seafood Harborside - 606 Congress Street Got it Beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 606 Congress - CLOSED

606 Congress
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: D Street
Transit: Silver Line: Silver Line Way
Description: Executive Chef Richard Garcia presents a Boston Seaport District restaurant featuring modern farm cuisine with regional influences. Enjoy outdoor seating and two private dining rooms. It's the perfect space for a rehearsal dinner or casual business meal.
Massachusetts
“Forget about Legal Seafood Harborside - 606 Congress Street Got it Beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My friend and I had the intention of having cocktails and dinner outside on the roof deck at Legal Seafood Harborside. However, once we got there it was so packed. After 20 min. of walking around to find a place just to stand, we decided to go to the second floor - 2 hour wait - same for the 1st floor. Then we noticed that each floor had a specific menu just for that floor and very limited. We saw it as an omen and so we strolled down the street and notice some outside seating on D Street. To our surprise it was 606 Congress Street - part of the Renaissance Hotel. Once seated outside, Brooke, our waitress, who was so cheerful and knowledgeable about the menu took our order. We started with the Crudo of the Day, which was Sashimi-style sea bass with fresh spring peas, finely diced red pepper and cucumber with a soy/wasabi sauce. The sauce was great, however, the sea bass was amazing and you really didn't need this sauce. We then proceeded with entrees - vegetable salad with crème fraiche vinaigrette with grilled shrimp and grilled wild mushroom risotto with black truffles. Both were superb and we just about licked our plates clean. For dessert we split coconut sorbet with a sugar cookie. The sorbet was amazing (it's made local from Toscanini’s) however, the sugar cookie was too thick. But, tasty. All and all, this place blew Legal Seafood Harborside out of the water.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank DZografos

Miami
“Dissapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were expecting it to be a nice hotel from the Marriott chain. The carpets on the hallways as well as the decoration in the rooms are very similar to a residence inn, definitely not the feel of a $300 per night hotel. The club lounge for platinum members was also very disappointed, very crowded not enough chairs and tables in the morning as well as very
limited food options, neapresso pods were out at 9 AM and no more to be replaced, in the evenings the alcohol beverages in the lounge that are usually complimentary at other Marriot lounges here you have to pay, they are not free.
I wish I knew all this before booking, and I would have stayed at other hotel brands for the same or lower price.

Boston
“Not a destination restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

There are lots of destination restaurants in seaport. This is not one. I've been here many times and have never been overly impressed with the food.

The atmosphere is perfect if you want a quiet dinner.

Visited July 2012
Massachusetts
“Good dinner, great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Service was fantastic on Fri eve, not so great on Sat eve (not properly staffed for a larger than normal crowd). Breakfast was a nice buffet, and we had a good fish special for supper.

Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We had an awesome lunch here. I just happened to find this restaurant in a magazine sent to me by my concierge prior to my trip to Boston. The menu looked so good I really wanted to make an effort to try and eat here. I am glad we did. The decor is really modern and they also have outdoor/patio seating. For being inside a hotel the pricing was really reasonable and the amount of choices for lunch was abundant. My daughter had a huge burger, I had a chicken sandwich with moz cheese, bacon, spicy mayo on a delicious pretzel roll and my husband had 2 mini lobster rolls. It all was excellent.

• Visited July 2012