“Be prepared for obnoxious behavior even if you say you don't want it”
Review of Dick's Last Resort

Dick's Last Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Dick's Last Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #899 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Clinton and State
Transit: MBTA Green Line Blue line Orange Line
Cheboygan, Michigan
“Be prepared for obnoxious behavior even if you say you don't want it”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

On our last day in Boston, we decided to eat outside at Dick's. There was no warning posted about how awful the waiters treat their customers. Our waiter was exceptionally rude and very insulting, even when I expressed that I wasn't really into it. A woman across from us said he was worse than many others. I started to leave and he stated he was just kidding, but unfortunately for me, he didn't know when to stop. I would think that even if this is behavior that is acceptable in this restaurant, a good waiter would back off when he knew he was making the customer uncomfortable. When I asked the price of the alcohol drinks, since they were not on the menu, he said "geez, you aren't going to ask me this for everything, are you". The price he gave me for the drink I ordered was a lie. He said $7.50 - $9.00 and the bill said $11. Too bad for me. He also said that if I complained about the food, he would spit on it. And worst of all, girls were walking in the street and he started to yell at them and say it was their bad luck that he wasn't trying to pick them up! Too much for me. This guy, JC, doesn't know when to back off. He's not that funny. Food was good, but drinks pricey. The glass comes with it but you have to beg for paper to wrap it up. I wouldn't recommend this, especially if you have children. It would be a terrible example to them. Boston has so many other restaurants, I am sorry we wandered into this one and should have left when my intuition told me to do so.

• Visited September 2013

Ronkonkoma, New York
“When you want to be insulted this is the place to go.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

On our visit to Boston we took the grand kids here. Our 10 year old grandson was taken back with the attitude of our waiter. He wanted to know what was wrong with him. We finally told them why we took them here and they really got into it. They had the famous butcher paper hats placed on their heads. Our granddaughter's said "I kick puppies". His hat said "Allergic to Showers". They had a good time. As far as the food goes, it was OK but the misses scallops were tasteless but the water gave her more shrimp to make up for it.

• Visited September 2013
Trenton, Canada
“Horrible Staff!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited the Boston Dick's on 20 Aug and were DENIED to be served alcohol because we didn't have U.S. government issued IDs on us. Given that we're Canadians, obviously we didn't have any U.S. govt issued IDs and the restaurant waiter was quite rude about it saying "sorry restaurant policy". Given that we provided Cdn Military IDs, you would think that the waiter would consider serving alcohol without flat out denying us drinks. From the moment we arrived, the waiter was extremely rude, and basically throwing the menus on our tables. Given that Boston Market area is a touristy place, I'm very surprised that the store's "policy" is that only people with U.S. govt issued IDs can be served alcohol. Notwithstanding the whole ID issue, I was deeply offended by the way the waiter treated us. We were hoping to end the night on a high note and the experience with Dick's staff def did not make that happen.

Do not recommend.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jane0120
Toronto, Canada
“Great Experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great little pub. The waters have to act like an [--], its the concept of the restaurant, so you gotta be open minded and go with the flow to really enjoy yourself and make it a great experience. They have afforable lobster. Very good lobster I might add, that came with really tasty mash potatoes.
Bought a cocktail, and got to take home the glass as souvenir.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fun but not for everyone”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you have teenage kids and want a laugh, then this is worth a visit, but only if you have a spare evening, if only there for a couple of nights, there are better places to eat that will hit the right note for kids (max brender for example)
Agree with others, food ok, drinks ok, slightly pricy, but a good night that our 13 and 20 year old boys loved

• Visited August 2013