“Overpriced low quality food served by mean people.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Dick's Last Resort

Dick's Last Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Dick's Last Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,029 of 3,185 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Clinton and State
Transit: MBTA Green Line Blue line Orange Line
Boston, Massachusetts
“Overpriced low quality food served by mean people.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The name of the restaurant says it all . They are Dicks ! Really disrespectful and trying to be funny at the same time. They may even throw your ID on the ground or tell you that you don't look smart at all. With that being said let's talk about the food and drinks . Food is plain , nachos have no cheese at all and the drinks are very light . Service is mean but relatively fast ( maybe it would be better if it was slower but at least that could mean the food would be better). Very overpriced . I don't think I would be back unless I really had to for any reason .

1 Thank Claudia_br_usa

London, United Kingdom
“Just OK!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were after some steak and stumbled on this place at 10pm.

Everything about this place was so so. I wouldn't go back.
The cocktails were like water, the food was just OK and a tad tasteless, the service was just OK.

I'd say this place is great of there is a large group of you.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Crossing the Line”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went to Dick's last night to meet up with a group of friends who had just arrived in Boston. We chose Dicks as one of the group had been there on a previous trip and we figured it would be a bit of a laugh. Myself and another arrived first and were greeted pleasantly enough. However the service would only go downhill from here.

We were aware that the wait staff would have an attitude and that it was an act but I was not prepared for the insults that were hurled at us. My friend was told she had put on 5 lbs after the meal and I myself was told that I would need an XL t-shirt. There are many things someone can joke about but joking about someone's weight is not acceptable in any way, especially to a group of young girls.

We were also shoved and pushed as the wait staff moved around the restaurant with not a single word of an apology. This may have been fine if the chairs looked like they could withstand the abuse, which they most certainly did not. They also threw things at us. This included the cheque in a leather book which bounced of one of the groups iPhone.

Getting to the toilet was a wild goose chase that involved walking around Quincy Market in search for them.

The horrific service could have been overlooked had the food been appealing but it was not. There was very little on the menus (that were on the wall and not handed to you) that would have been nutritionally good or edible.

I ended up spending $20 dollars on food I couldn't eat and service that is very questionable.

I would never in my life recommend Dicks to someone looking to eat in Boston.

2 Thank lauraek01
“Enjoyed it for a drink and appetizer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

They warn you about servers being mean I was ready after a long exhausting day and no way to vent my frustration I was looking forward to some edgy banter. The server was snarky but I think picked up on my spring loaded ora and kept it tame and entertaining. Appetizers were good. I got the mega Margarita, drank the entire thing alone and only had a light buzz. Weak.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Awful experience. Will not return.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Dick's Last Resort says it's perfect for bachelorette parties, yet they don't take reservations or even have call-ahead seating. I called twice about our group of 10, and the first time was told Memorial Day weekend was really slow and there wouldn't be a problem. The day of, I called to confirm what time we were coming in and was told as long as we were all there together we would get seated. Nope. There was an hour wait, meaning a large group of dressed up were left standing awkwardly in their dressy outfits in the hallways of Quincy Market. (Also there is no bathroom, so we had to trudge through the crowds to one of the market's basement bathrooms.)

After a half hour and two conversations with the manager, we were seated in a covered patio area (it was 50 degrees and raining). It took another 20 minutes to even place our drink order. Only 3 of us even got those hats with rude sayings on them, which for some reason are one of the attractions of this place. The drinks were weak and the food tasted like KFC but for 3 times the price. As soon as we got our food we ordered our check.

The rowdy, raunchy atmosphere is why people supposedly go to Dick's, but it was filled with kids so the waiter even told us that he had to be careful what he said. It felt like a rude version of Chuck-E-Cheese with trash all over the floor. I can't imagine anyone would ever return to this "restaurant." I know that I won't and neither will the other 9 people I was with. So disappointed.

• Visited May 2013