“Very Delicious”
Review of Vinoteca di Monica

Vinoteca di Monica
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinoteca di Monica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #343 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Hanover St.
Transit: Haymarket, Gov't Center & Aquarium
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Enjoyed a nice dinner here, fairly spacious for the North End. Interior spaces make it seem intimate, large bar area on one side of the restuarant we could see through interior window, very interesting set-up. Caprise salad, very large, enough to share with 2 others with me. Pasta dishes very good, all around thumbs up!

There are newer reviews for Vinoteca di Monica

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a Friday evening reservation for 9pm, and were seated promptly upon arrival. Solid wine list, with several good values in the $30-40 range. Extensive list of specials for the evening made for hard decisions, but settled on a pasta special of gnocchi with a wild boar ragu (for me) and a sausage and broccoli rabe pasta (for him). Both were excellent (as expected, as we get fresh pasta from Monica's mercato regularly). Serving sizes were reasonable (filling, but not so large needed to take a doggie bag.) Service was attentive without being intrusive. Definitely will return to sample more of the pasta dishes, and perhaps to try the pizzas, which also looked excellent.

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Good place for eating... American food but not Italian at all.
Carpacio was covered with mayonnaise (!) and gnocchi all ragout were done with can ragout.
We won't go there anymore.

1  Thank vcharpilloz
Reviewed September 23, 2012

A friend recommended this restaurant as his favorite in the North End - and I'm so glad he did. The variety was wonderful, the service was friendly and relaxed, even though it was a busy Saturday night, and the food was excellent. We had the Carpaccio and Salad Limone for appetizers. We enjoyed Lobster Risotto and a pasta bolognese for our entrees. I have visited Italy twice, and as an Italian American have had more than my share of Italian food. While dining here, I felt like I was back in Italy and can't wait to come back.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had plans to dine at another neighborhood restaurant on teh sunday night of Labor day weekend. unfortunately there was a 45 minute wait, so we tried Vinoteca di Monica. I have to say that out of teh whole it experience it was a pleasant surprise. The wine list was extensive and affordable. The menu had more than enough choices, although most of it pasta (house-made). Not very many non-pasta choices though. I shared the wild mushroom crepe for an appetizer and it was divine. for dinner I orderd the linguine with mixed shellfish in a plum tomato sauce. the fish was great - the sauce pretty bland. Another in our party ordered the Veal chop and it was excellent, as was the lobster fra diavolo.
Even the desserts were delicious. The only reason I won't give it 5 starts is because the waiter was not very pleasant. next time, I'll ask for another server.