“Great pub setting”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 13, 2014

You might not think it would be a place you could eat gluten free but give them a go - it works. My wife is celiac so this is not just something we want to do but need to do. Servers were very accomodating, sopke with the cook and made it all work. Great place for a little bit of Boston old school style!

There are newer reviews for Beantown Pub

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Ok, so as a native Bostonian, I've avoided this place like the plague because it's got "Beantown" in the name. If you're from Boston originally, odds are you don't call it Beantown. For me, that was kind of like code for "Tourist Trap"

How wrong could I have been? We went there for dinner last night with someone staying at the Omni Parker House and was delighted with the excellent food and great service. We had a vegetarian with us and were worried that there wouldn't be enough choices. Wrong again. He was happy. I had the broiled haddock. Delicious, cooked perfectly, a huge helping (rah rah pub food). Friend had a giant Greek salad. Good selection of beers.

The service was perfect. The server checked on us, was friendly but not overly friendly. Respected the fact we were having a conversation and did an excellent job taking care of the table without rushing us out.

Would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I am going to be in Boston on business on a regular basis (all being well) and this bar is beside my hotel of choice. It seems like a fairly popular bar, especially on weekends, with an easy going crowd, a very good selection of beer and spirits and 6 pool tables down the back. The waiting staff are friendly and attentive. The food is good without being stunning at very reasonable prices.
Lot of local sports on the many TVs round the place.

Recommended if you just want to chill out and relax.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This pub serves the best Burger I ate in Boston. The staff were very friendly and the beer good. There is a large area at the rear to play pool, if you are minded with several tables.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great traditional breakfast, with good service, at a fair price. Didn't have time to return for a cocktail this visit.